Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hats Off to "Harry"

I picked up the "Harry Potter" DVD on the 28th at Target for less that 16 bucks! I was surprised as I thought that was for the VHS tape; not the DVD. Great price!

I would like to see Lucasfilm follow suit when EpII is released. George, you've already made zillions from us at the theaters, why not give us a break a la "Harry Potter"? Lower that DVD price!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Where was the commentary track? Where was the behind the scenes documentaries? I don't like that this was aimed solely at the kiddie market. I finally found the deleted scenes and I must say... they could have left them in the film. It was like an extra two minutes.

Chris Columbus has decided to NOT direct the third movie, the dirty mind changer.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

I got the DVD, i thought it would be fun, but it took me about 120 minutes to find the deleted scenes. I think the menus on the 2nd disk are totaly crap, you don't know where you're going. I ended up just taking the DVD out my maching and putting it to the back of my collection, hoping never to have to watch it again!

The 1st disk wasn't too bad though.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Ugh, I hate those stupid commentaries. It's like trying to watch the movie in a theater with someone carrying on a conversation behind you the whole time. And they never really give out any useful information just mindless blabber.

I found out the hard way that they sold both widescreen and crap versions. Luckily the pan-n-scan isn't opened, but it's so much hassle to exchange anything nowadays.

Oh well. More opportunities to look for SW figures!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I gave Harry a try on DVD and I must say I liked it. I didn't get too into it, but it was fun! Hermione was probably my favorite character. And I laughed outright at the things that some freaks were accusing of being "unholy".

I'll definately catch Chamber of Secrets in the theater.

Any ideas on how long Daniel Radcliffe will be playing Harry? I know they plan on several movies, will he grow too fast? I know they brought in a female to overdub a post-pubescent line or two of dialogue, just wondering if you've heard anything.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    The original plan was to shoot one movie a year as the kids grew up, so they wouldn't age too fast. They signed the three young actors for the first three(?) and were waiting to see if they would do the next ones. Daniel Radcliffe (Harry) has expressed that he wants to stick it out for all seven, but I think a lot can change for a child in seven years and he might grow tired of it.

And now the darn fifth book isn't coming out until NEXT year...darn you J.K. Rowling! Quit screwing around and get back to your word processor...
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Personally I don't like Harry Potter all that much, highly over-hyped IMO. I was just wondering though where the deleted scenes were and if they were any good? I found alot of parts in the movie kinda boring but went to see it in theatres and was just wondering about the deleted scenes since my aunt got the DVD and I don't feel like going all through that other stuff which I know nothing about since I've only read two chapters of the first book and wouldn't know if there are clues or anything as to where to find them.

Hope WB works on the CGI though, I might go see the other movies caused I liked alot of the actor/resses from the first one like the guy who played Dumbledore (if I spelled that right then hit me with a lightsaber ) and some of the action was ok, just the CGI needs to be worked on, way too cartoony. Then again it's WB and they probably don't want to spend alot of their hard earned money (hard earned as in the little effort it took to get the money for it after saying that it's another easy money movie) on just the CGI effects.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Did anyone notice that Harry Potters music is some what similar to Star Wars in some parts, I did and before anyone told me I just knew John Williams Composed the music. I made a bet with the wife, her sister and my best friend and won. Very similar music (score) in certain parts. Correct me if I'm wrong, but listen very closely.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

how do you find the deleted scenes? i looked everywhere! are they on the dvd-rom?
    Sampsonite! i was way off!