Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: George is DEAD

Exclamation George is DEAD

Ok, I got your attention.

Suppose George died tomorrow. Morbid, I know, but hey, it could happen.

Anyway, suppose he was just gone before Ep III was even completely written much less filmed and completed.

Who do you think he, that being George, would have finish the saga for him? That is, if he put that sort of thing in his Last Will and Testament, who would he want and trust to complete the Star Wars saga?

Spielberg?
    Kasdan?
    Alan Smithee?

Probably noone, I don't think Lucas trusts the series with anyone but himself anymore. Though it depends, if the rights fall to his kids, then they will most likely have Episode 3 made. Who would do it is another matter, probably Rick McCallum, which is why we all better hope that Lucas is taking good care of himself. Can you imagine a Rick McCallum Star Wars movie.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    Probably noone, I don't think Lucas trusts the series with anyone but himself anymore. Though it depends, if the rights fall to his kids, then they will most likely have Episode 3 made. Who would do it is another matter, probably Rick McCallum, which is why we all better hope that Lucas is taking good care of himself. Can you imagine a Rick McCallum Star Wars movie.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    F**k no!

Probably Rick McCheese and Speilberg would be producers and get someone from the Dreamworks stable to direct the film.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

doesnt he have a contigency plan for this exact occurence? I thought i heard that somewhere.....

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    If George died, it would open a flood gate of films, television series, and what not. His kids would rake every last cent they could get from the brand name.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

yea EP, i wouldn't be suprised if we got a second trilogy. not the one after jedi, but one between episodes 3 and 4. i'd actually really like to see those 3 and then episode 4 would have to be retitled as episode 7!

What we really have to worry about is John Williams dying. Could you imagine EP III without the music of Williams? It wouldn't be SW.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

nah, williams is good, but they have plenty of filler for the next film. heck, most of episode 2's soundtrack was reused from previous films.

If GWL died, he'd probably hand Star Wars over to Rick McCallum, and then McCallum would choose who would finishe it. Knowing Rick, he'd probably give it to Shawn and Marlon Wayans (Scary Movie) or something like that. That would be all we need - a stupid and slapstick Star Wars episode with Jar Jar being the main character!

If JW dies, I think there will be enough Star Wars music to edit into the movie, but I hope they don't get anyone to try and create new music for it (like Jerry Hey ).

Christopher Lee is getting on a bit, what if he passes away? I hope they won't try to replace him with a GCI Dooku!

Hopefully none of this will happen and noone out of Star Wars will pass away untill it is all complete.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection