Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Boy was this wrong. EP2 figures sucked crap!
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Ahhhhhhh hahahahahahaha !

Well I'm not totally against the AOTC line because there are several gems . . . but yeah, overall they were lacking.

But if we can count Bail Organa and Wat Tambor as "AOTC" figures (I know, they weren't part of the initial waves ) then I am even more embracing.

Dex and Typho are still my favorites from that period.

I thought there were more than a few good ones. Every "fringe" Jedi produced has been great (Nikto, Shaak Ti, Luminara and Barriss, Coleman, etc), and I love the 2nd basic Dooku (the 2003 one).

The electronic R2 from April 2002 is still my favourite first run Saga fig, looking back. It's amazing.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Damn, I was pretty ignorant when I posted that. EpII could not have been worse. I hate almost every figure they put out. To be honest, I am bracing for the worst with EpIII

Ups and downs like most other lines. POTJ kicked so much butt, it ruined us for the rest.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Amanamatt
    Damn, I was pretty ignorant when I posted that. EpII could not have been worse. I hate almost every figure they put out. To be honest, I am bracing for the worst with EpIII
    Well not really, You and the rest of us didn't know the 1st waves were going to be crap. Like what was said, there are some good ones, but I think the bad clouds the good. There's a little geekness for you.
    (Like my posts)

The line was great in 1998, then it declined somewhat with Episode I in 99. It got better, then the awesome POTJ came along. After that, a decline (again!) with AOTC. They got better, and most of the 2003 and all of the 2004 figs are great. Based on this data, it's probably safe to say that 2005 will have some real stinkers, then some great stuf after that.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I was thinking about this and I think hasbro knows or thinks that the figures will definitely sell when a movie is around. As the movie grows old and the hype is gone, Hasbro is forced to produce better toys so they will sell. It's just a theory.
    (Like my posts)

In short they have no idea what kids would like even though they use that as an excuse to create a half-baked product in movie years. Kenner's team was good at that, all the figures were compatible. Hasbro's team goes with one hit wonders.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

One thing I'd like for EpIII, I hope Hasbro goes back to using offset bubbles - these huge ones smack down in the middle of the card is killing my storage space.