Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Luke jedi Vs. Luke Holograph

By looking at the pics it's hard to tell if these are exactly the same mold. They definitely appear simular and it's hard to believe that Hasbro would make an all new sculpt if they don't have to. However, I assume they would have to retool it a bit in order to get the effect. The head for example, the holograph head looks a bit different but I suppose it could be because the paint is different. I think the Luke jedi compared to the Luke holograph looks much better all around.

What do you think?

Where did you see the photos? I looked on the main page for them but didnt see anything about a new Luke figure. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Well, I have yet to this new Holographic Luke, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if they used the same mold. That's what they did with Darth Sidious in the EP1 line.
    May the force be with you.

I wish the luke holo

were bigger, like 10 ft scale wise (4 3/4 inches or so). THat would make for and AWESOME fig.

Quote Originally Posted by kool-aid killer
    Where did you see the photos? I looked on the main page for them but didnt see anything about a new Luke figure. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    The photos are on Hasbro's site (http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/pa...dn/default.cfm), the official Star Wars site, and right here at SSG (http://systems.figures.com/archives/images/06/53006.jpg).

Based on the photos from Hasbro, it looks like the Jedi Luke and Hologram Luke have different head sculpts and different arms.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]"Bring me kittens and puppies to strangle ... I'm fresh out of Imperial officers!"[/FONT]

It seems that portions of this figure may have been from the same mould as the new Jedi Luke figure. I think it's really hard to tell due to the lack of resolution in the photographs. The holographic Luke may not suck as bad as we think it does. At least it's not another "is this a hologram or another addition to the Jedi Spirits cinema scene?"
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartnr
    It seems that portions of this figure may have been from the same mould as the new Jedi Luke figure. I think it's really hard to tell due to the lack of resolution in the photographs. The holographic Luke may not suck as bad as we think it does. At least it's not another "is this a hologram or another addition to the Jedi Spirits cinema scene?"
    Well from the looks of things you would be correct.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Yea they definitely are. Compared Hasbro's holo Luke pic to Galactic Hunter's recent Jedi Luke gallery, and you can see the same sculpting in the molds.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Say, what's up with Jedi Luke's new lightsaber? No sculpted "lightflares" from where the blade meets the hilt! Is this a new trend, back to the "tubular" lightsabers of yesteryear? If so, then why does Hologram Luke's lightsaber have the "lightflares"? Is this an error, or a variation? Hmmm ... meditate on this mystery, I must.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]"Bring me kittens and puppies to strangle ... I'm fresh out of Imperial officers!"[/FONT]

It looks like Holo Luke's saber has a removable blade, which is probably going to be changed by the time the production model rolls out to the one without flare. Fine by moi, more accurate anyway.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.