Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Final Thoughts on POTJ?

Now that the Power of the Jedi line has been retired, what do you guys think of the quality (or lack thereof) for the line? Was it Hasbro's best? Were the figures easily obtainable? Do you have any comments or beefs with certain figures, with the deluxe line or with the vehicles? Did you mind the price?

For me I'd rate the quality of the line a step above what Hasbro dished out for Episode 1. A lot of the figures were must haves for me (FX-7, R2-Q5, the Sandtroopers). The price was certainly better than the way overpriced Episode 1 line (although I don't know why Wal-Mart jacked up the prices halfway through the line). I got most of the vehicles with the exception of the Tie Bomber. I am still hoping to hunt one down. I skipped the Super Deformed line and I am still waiting for 2 25th Anniversary sets to go to clearance before I finally complete my collection. Overall I was satisified with the improvement Hasbro made after the Ep1 debacle.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Me too.....

I think my favorite thing about this line was that there were VERY FEW main characters......

mostly it was new characters, droids, aliens, and others.....

we got three new Jedi, Bounty Hunters, Droids galore, and many other background guys.....and there were a few neat surprises too.......

we even got a few nice Army Builders....

and the Main Characters they DID DO, were nice additions to the collection as well........the two Vaders are really good........
    "You will shed tears of crimson"-Vicious (Cowboy Bebop)

YOU MADE IT HAPPEN!!! THANKS FOR VOTING CONCEPT STORMIE!!!

I loved this line. There was so much detail. Removeable helmets, weapons fit in holseters, wonderful background droids, and the army builders. Some even had good articulation.

And the grand finalle....AT/ST package, preview figures, and the 25th anniversary figures.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

This has been my fave line of all. The detailing, articulation and scale is fantastic. The Sandtroopers are awesome, and I love all the droids. And the 25th Anniversary sets were a real treat. Availability for this line was also pretty good considering it wasn't a "movie year".

My only gripe is the exclusiveness of some of the vehicles, i.e. the WM ones. The TRU and Target vehicles were readily available for a time, but I never saw the WM vehicles in the stores at all. Had to get a TIE Bomber off eBay, and may have to do the same for the Snowspeeder.

Other than that, I've been very pleased with POTJ.
    Thanx Hasbro!
    "I'm getting too old for this kind of thing"

My WM had the Bomber and Speeder for the longest time, then they just disappeared......

probably some scalper with a fat wallet......
    "You will shed tears of crimson"-Vicious (Cowboy Bebop)

YOU MADE IT HAPPEN!!! THANKS FOR VOTING CONCEPT STORMIE!!!

Final thought? What is this? Springer?

I loved the POTJ line.

Many great figures!

And it seemed like I had very little trouble fidning them all.

I also think that there are going to be about 8 million Zuttons clogging shelves for a while.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

This was the best line in my opinion. I have a majority of the Vintage figures, (all loose), some POTF2 (some loose), most of the E1 figures (some loose), and all but the Clean Scout Trooper of the POTJ line, (also some loose) and none compare to the POTJ figures.

The best detail and sculpting are on the POTJ figures. The accesories are all very good. They are not steroid enhanced, and look loke the people/aliens/things they represent. The new production techniques give figures from scenes I've always wanted, (EW Vader). And they have relativley nice packaging. Most have relatively neutral poses, and can be used in a number of vehicles or scenes. The best thing is that I found each one at retail, eventually.

I'm not a fan of Eeth Koth's pose, but at least he doesn't have Dooku legs.

My favorites are Bespin guard, EW and Dagobah Vader, and BoShek.

I wish Hasbro would have kept this line going, but it was not to be. I do think the Saga Idea is a good one, just loose the gimmicks.
    B.M.D. 2/29-4/22 Remembered, Loved, and Missed -ALWAYS

Me fail english??? That's un-possible

Hello......My name is Boba Fett......You killed my father.......Prepare to Die!! -Boba Fett to Mace Windu in Star Wars
    Episode 3 - Return of the Princess Bride

Still Hatin' the Evil Empire

I'm only really starting to buy many POTJ figs now that they have gone on clearance. Very impressed with them. Aurra Sing having to be my favorite of the ones I have. TRU where I live are selling POTJ series 2 figs for 11.99 !! Will have to wait a little bit before I delv into those

john
    "Trying is the first step towards failure" - Homer Simpson
    "Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

You don't think Wal-Mart will be getting in anymore Tie Bombers?

I remember when TRU got the intereptors in late last year. The store in my area got an initial batch in September (a small batch at that). They disappeared for a while and by November they had tons of them that sat on the shelves for weeks.

I do hope they show up, seeing the fact that I really want this vehicle, and I missed out on getting one when the Episode II merchandise first hit the shelves. ) :
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

I liked the figures but we never got them at retail stores here in Mexico... All in all, Hasbro showed great improvement on faces, weapons and hands...

Some of the figures had a weird scale though like Leia, and there were some others i thought were useless.

The one thing i didn't like was the change they made to lightsabers, that "flame" will always bug me.