2 Quick Questions...

These are the only two things that bother me about the Phantom Menace, really. I liked it and I still do , but this isn't the time or the place to argue about liking or disliking it.
    I sent both of these into "The Council" on StarWars.com, but I doubt if they'll ever get answered. I'm more than sure that they've been talked about here before, but I never really got into the debate, so I guess I missed out then. But here goes anyway...
    My first question is how Darth Maul managed to track the Queen's Starship to Tatooine. Obi-Wan kept them from sending any type of transmission, so wouldn't that keep Maul from establishing a connection trace?
    And second, how the heck did Mace and Yoda figure out the "riddle" of the Sith? At the end Yoda say the "only two, no more, no less. A Master and an apprentice..." thing. So, how did they figure it out?
    If anyone knows or would like to share their comments, please do so .
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

The transmission of Sio Bibble asking for help was a fake, it was sent on purpose on the Naboo emergancy private channel to the queen's ship along with a tracer signal. When the Queen's ship recieved the transmission, they were able to triangulate from that. Or atleast that's how I figure it happened, since Maul says that if the trace was correct, he would find them quickly.

According to the E2 visual dictionary, the Jedi archives contains a Sith Holocron, that can be consulted in times of need. Yoda has most likely studied it for along time, given his age. Only higher level Jedi, mostly just those on the council know about it, and have access to it. So obviously the rule of 2 is contained in the Sith Holocron.
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 05-23-2002 at 04:22 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Jonna
    I remember reading somewhere that there are always only two sith because of their vicious desire for power. By this I mean that, only one can be top dog and that one keeps only one learner because of the fear of being overthrown by a group. I also remember reading somewhere that at one time there were many sith but they killed one another for the reasons that I have already stated: total power.

I would love to know it anyone knows where this is stated.

Originally posted by Jonna
    I remember reading somewhere that there are always only two sith because of their vicious desire for power. By this I mean that, only one can be top dog and that one keeps only one learner because of the fear of being overthrown by a group. I also remember reading somewhere that at one time there were many sith but they killed one another for the reasons that I have already stated: total power.

I would love to know it anyone knows where this is stated.
    I had heard that too, before the movie. But what I was asking was how Yoda and Mace figured that out.
    But, I think that that information was someplace on StarWars.com. There was a story about the Sith, and Darth Bane. How Bane had first put the rule of only two Sith into place. It was so they could keep hidden and not drawn attention to each other. And because when they were plentiful, they fought amongst themselves, as you said, and if there were only two, they would strive to keep the order alive, instead of fighting with each other.
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

I thought Maul used some sort of Sith Probe Droid to track the ship itself through hyperspace, since the transmission from Naboo to the royal starship could only be tracked back to Naboo as it doesn't appear to be a point-to-point transmission.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I just always persumed that Maul or Sidious used the force to find the ship on Tatooine.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

If the Jedi knew the Sith had survived the war, and established the two sith rule, than they wouldn't have presumed that they had been destroyed completely, right? I think that line was just a mistake.
    The force will be with you- always...

Bane felt the darkside was earing thin so decided one master and one apprntice so those to could have the complete control of the dark side.
    Duct Tape...the Force it is like. Both a light side and a dark side it has. Binds the universe together it does!