View Poll Results: SSG BATTLE OF THE MACHINES Quarterfinals - Fight One!!!

Voters
230. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Emperor's TIE Interceptor will vape this Rebellion!! (Vote and post your choice - it's that close!)

125 54.35%
  • The X-wing fires and you can kiss this Squint goodbye!! (Vote and post your choice - it's that close!)

105 45.65%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    I voted X-Wing, but if your tallying posts, put me in the Interceptor camp. I thought "electronic X-Wing meant F/X X-Wing and that puppy rules.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Tie Int ,mean looking,blast apart wing dammage and free pilot!

X-Wing ,small,cute'sie,landing gear barely existant!and still with that dog-ugly excuse for an R2-D2 that we had as kids!

Bring on the Empire.....

Not an easy thing,to meet one's maker! /Batty/Bladerunner

I think you're wrong about the TIE Fighters being bigger than the X-wings. Remember that they were just composite shots, there was no perfection involved in those effects shots, it's an art-form there. The TIEs may be taller, but they're neither longer nor wider - the X-wings have more bulk and size IMO.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I don't really consider the Power FX X-Wing a part of the toy line either. What's the point if you can't take out the Luke figure? However, what happens when the gutted ESB version of the X-Wing comes out Tycho?

The Falcon is also my favorite toy ship, even with the distortion it manages to still look cool and not too toylike as the original X-Wing and TIE Fighter do. It actually looks more like a model with all the detailing. However, I would love one that's a little bigger, maybe even big enough to fit the modern Han and Chewies in the cockpit. Although correct scale would be impossible, I think I calculated that a correct scale Falcon would be roughly 4.5 feet in diameter. This was based on the picture of Han standing in front of it in Docking Bay 94, and was by no means a completely accurate calculation. Does anyone have any idea of the actual dimensions of the Falcon (based on the outside of the ship, not the inside since I know they produce different measurements)?

Big Barada, I can't answer your Falcon question but I do have a comment.

First a question though: Did all of you get to go to the Smithsonian's Magic of the Myth Tour? They had the original model of the Millennium Falcon used in the films and it was about the size I'd guess your kitchen table is (or the smallest Volkswagon - just kidding). I looked inside the cockpit and saw detailed seats for 4. Though it was behind glass, I imagined if I could have gotten in there, it would have been just barely (barely) too small to put Han, Chewie, Threepio, and Leia in there (the Hasbro figures).

So if you have a kitchen table that seats about 6 comfortably, that is the approximate size a Falcon on a 1-1 scale with your figures should be.

I still think they should do it. I'd go for it. It could cost $1000.00 and since my Blockade Runner (way off scale, but good for 40 figures) cost me $700 to build, making the Falcon yourself (through trial and error) would probably run you well over $1000.00.

I don't think Hasbro will touch that one. I'd vote that they surrender licensing rights to just 1-1 scale ships (above fightercraft size) and let someone like Michael (ATAT / Sandcrawler) Fright have the licensing to mass produce those for fans who would pay that much.

Come on guys - you pay $300 for a Master Replica Lightsaber that doesn't do anything but hang on your belt. You paid $2,500 for a life-size model of Han in Carbonite, or $5000 a piece for life-size R2, 3PO, or a light-up breathing Vader. Can you collect all of those? Right. So you DO collect action figures that cost $5.99?

You can put 4 of them in the cockpit to make the ESB scene, and then on the same ship, unless if you have space and cash for 2 of them, put Ben training Luke, Han, and the intergalactic chess-championship team in the cargo hold of the same ship. (or on the gunner stations - top and bottom this time!)

So, yeah - I'd market that and the ATAT, Sandcrawler, Sailbarge, perhaps Republic Cruiser, and maybe Off-scale but nevertheless impressive Blockade Runners and Star Destroyers.

(on scale capital ships would be ridiculous). For example, what do we now call something that holds even 700 action figures? Toy R Us! (or my apartment - but it definitely doesn't have room for a stardestroyer).

In any event, I have another question to answer: What of the new Dagobah X-wing from the F/X scale?

It wasn't out yet to make a preliminary fight. I'd have loved to have had the Republic Gunship in this too, but we'll see how these newer ships stand up to our champions later. Right now in the Quarterfinals, we still have 16 ships to work with. Before we had 32. You have to cut it off at some point!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I would love to buy a half-scale Millenium Falcon that would at least hold Han and Chewie. It would be roughly as long as the Queen's Starship if not a little longer. I'd gladly pay $200 for that.

Scale wise these ships are all out.What confuses me is the smaller ships which are woefully out of proportion.A half-size falcon or full size Tie fighter to scale we'd all love,but begrudgingley accept the practacality of MASS toy production!Those of us who convert,defial and mash toys new and old find building and detailing the bigger ships a great hobby and challenge,now the smaller ships!........The Snowspeeder IMO is to BIG or maybe the seating is just to far back!How hard to make a Skiff with a deck big enough for the figures(too hard if you using 19yr old designs).My point being,as much as I dont like (but still buy)new ships from old moulds.With materials,production and design capability advancing since Star Wars' original manifestation.We should all being getting value for money,toys with playability and durability and detail.Hasbro seem to fall short every step........and Scale is the first thing to go!

Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent! /Batty/Bladerunner

Go Tie!!!!!! This one is one of Hasbros best!!!
    "Eat My Shorts"-Bart Simpson
    "I SEE YOU''-Sauron the Dark Lord
    -Maul- l_l

Originally posted by Tycho

In any event, I have another question to answer: What of the new Dagobah X-wing from the F/X scale?

It wasn't out yet to make a preliminary fight. I'd have loved to have had the Republic Gunship in this too, but we'll see how these newer ships stand up to our champions later. Right now in the Quarterfinals, we still have 16 ships to work with. Before we had 32. You have to cut it off at some point!
    Why don't you have a battle between the Gunship and the ESB X-Wing? Have the winner take the place of the Skiff/Tank winner since the vote was corrupt and neither of them really have a chance of winning the tournament.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

The Snowspeeder toy (vint/potf2/potj) is indeed too large to be in scale with the figures. I think the A-wing is truly in scale though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.