View Poll Results: SSG BATTLE OF THE MACHINES Quarterfinals - Fight One!!!

Voters
230. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Emperor's TIE Interceptor will vape this Rebellion!! (Vote and post your choice - it's that close!)

125 54.35%
  • The X-wing fires and you can kiss this Squint goodbye!! (Vote and post your choice - it's that close!)

105 45.65%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Does anyone think the Expanded Universe "mini" Airspeeder was one of the few ships to be trully to scale?Alrhough the pilot seems HUGE compared to most others.
    Someone mentioned the Electronic(BIG) x-wing being to big compared to the Falcon.According to Echo Base Sound Stage layout(Art of ESB)The X-Wings are as big as the falcon!!!!Now the big Xwing next to any 3" scale Ywing is very laughable(I have mine on custom skids 2" high)But the A-wing!!!!!!My favourite!looks good,looks great hope it wins!

Originally posted by Rogue II

Why don't you have a battle between the Gunship and the ESB X-Wing? Have the winner take the place of the Skiff/Tank winner since the vote was corrupt and neither of them really have a chance of winning the tournament.
    I can't because nobody has these ships yet. They have to be released since 1995 to the present to qualify. They didn't run in a preliminary match anyway (and the Gunship won't be out until July or later - as the rumor). Since how people will rate the toys will matter, they need to have first been played with.

When the Gunship comes out, we'll have it "run the gauntlet" so to speak. We can put it in key matches facing title winners and see where it ranks from there.

General Warpig, the A-wing Fighter was already defeated by the TIE Interceptor in its Preliminary Match.

The A-wing's temporary rank amongst the Classic Starfighters will be resolved following the results of this current Quarterfinals match. At that point we'll only be able to see where it places against 3 other fightercraft (including 2 in this match).

We'll just have to wait and see what happens. Stay subscribed to this thread and watch for results on Thursday, May 30.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

All I can say is QUIT CRYING ABOUT HOW THEY LOOK AND HOW SMALL THE SHIPS ARE AND BE HAPPY THAT HASBRO MADE THEM!!!!!!!!
    [FONT="Times New Roman"]"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.[/FONT]

Originally posted by chrisc
    All I can say is QUIT CRYING ABOUT HOW THEY LOOK AND HOW SMALL THE SHIPS ARE AND BE HAPPY THAT HASBRO MADE THEM!!!!!!!!
    Easy there, guy. We're just having a calm rational discussion about the toys (that's why these forums exist), no need to get angry.

Anyways, even though the Falcon is horribly out of scale it is still on of my all-time favorite toys of any line. Liking something doesn't mean you don't see the flaws, in fact just the opposite. However, instead of fuming about things that could have been, you just accept the imperfections as part of the overall charm and get on with life.

I would still love a full-scale Millenium Falcon for my figures. Just give me time to build that addition onto the house to store it in.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I'm sorry.
    [FONT="Times New Roman"]"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.[/FONT]

Don't worry about it. These things happen.

I think the greatest service forums like this give us is basically a way to vent. I know that I have ranted about things in the past that really don't seem like such a big deal anymore. This place is a great way to release all those pent-up hostilities that being a Star Wars fan seems to generate.

I believe that many fans are so angry because we know that we really don't have any control over Hasbro, Lucas or anything Star Wars. It's too big now and has grown beyond all of us. Sure Hasbro gives us the fan choice polls to placate us and make us think that we are making a difference; but all those polls really do is give Hasbro more figures to put on their "don't bother making" list. So we are completely powerless and at the mercy of Hasbro. They control our every waking moment and they know it. We know it too, which is why we are so angry all the time. We are merely their pawns and lashing out in these forums is simply a way to pretend that we matter as more than insignificant pocket change in Hasbro's pants.

Whew! Where the heck did that come from?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I try to be a little more optimistic than that.

Eeth Koth
    Teemto Pegules (to be released soon)
    Amanaman (lost the poll the first time)

and 1 or more others that escape my mind were all 'losers' of Hasbro fan choice polls.

Even in this last one (with no official validation as of yet for that Sketchtrooper) both the dignitary and Reikeen did significantly well enough that I doubt they are far behind for production.

Sorry the next Quarterfinal match is late, guys. (well, it's really due for Fridays, I just am getting them started on Thursdays mostly) But I will be posting the new match in about an hour after I finish with my e-mails. But look for it shortly.

-Tycho
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Wow, did I really type all that? That's what I get for thinking too hard at 3 in the morning.

Hey Tycho I hope there's still time to vote!

TIE Interceptor all the way! It's one of the most bad-A@@'d ship's from the OT. The only drawback for the toy, IMO, is that the entire craft wasn't redesigned, and by that I mean the "handle" that was put on the first TIE fighter for kids to hold on to. It should have ben redone w/ a ball cockpit. Other than that, this is a great ship!

For the X-Wing, while it is a beauty in the movie, the toy never quite lived up to the movie prop.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars