View Poll Results: SSG BATTLE OF THE MACHINES Quarterfinals - Fight One!!!

Voters
230. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Emperor's TIE Interceptor will vape this Rebellion!! (Vote and post your choice - it's that close!)

125 54.35%
  • The X-wing fires and you can kiss this Squint goodbye!! (Vote and post your choice - it's that close!)

105 45.65%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

SSG BATTLE OF THE MACHINES Quarterfinals - Fight 1!!!

Here we go! Tonight is the first night of the SSG Battle of the Machines QUARTERFINALS!

Over the past 16 weeks, you've picked the most favored Star Wars ships and vehicles that you think are up to the challenge of squaring off to see which is the best Hasbro Star Wars vehicle of all time!

Tonights contestants are battle-hardened classic favorites returning to the Dog Fight each with one victory carbon-scorched into their hulls!

It's the X-wing versus the TIE Interceptor!

The Electronic X-wing Fighter was about $30.00 and featured opening wings with linked fly-by sound effects that you activate by pushing a dedicated R2-D2's head down. A remote trigger makes laser-blast flash noises. The landing gear comes down manually, and the cockpit holds one action figure!

To get here the X-wing Fighter defeated the standard TIE Fighter 81-41 or by 66 % of the vote with 122 SSG forumites voting!

The Galactic Empire’s TIE Interceptor features highly detailed sculpted solar panels, split in two, with each tip mounted with a laser cannon designed to let the pilot capture a target in a crossfire between at least 2 cannons at any time. At the touch of a button, either solar panel can be ejected off to simulate battle damage to recreate the climactic clash over the Death Star II. The Interceptor also includes one pilot figure, a slight variation of the TIE Fighter Pilot collectors found carded a few years ago.

To get here the TIE Interceptor defeated the Rebel Alliance's A-wing Fighter 50-28, or by 64 % of the vote with 78 SSG forumites voting!

So which will it be? The X-wing or the Interceptor? Only one of these starfighters will survive to go into the Semi-Finals! You will choose which it will be!

Vote and then post your preference. Those who've posted will be subscribed to this thread and be able to come back and help rank the classic fighter craft that have already been 'doomed!'

To fans of the A-wing or Standard TIE Fighter, this will be especially important. But first we need to see a score hit between the X-wing and the Interceptor before I can show you how the rest of the ranking will be done!

VOTE NOW and remember to post!

Let the fighting begin!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails interceptor vs x wing.jpg  
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

The Interceptor avenges the loss of its TIE predecessor!

Gonna have to go with the TIE Interceptor in this match, for the same reason that I had to go with it when it was up against the A-Wing. The TIE Interceptor is a great looking pretty much in scale vintage re-issue. Only way it could be better, is if they would have resculpted the rear end of the ship to get rid of the battery compartment. Having the solar panals being sculpted instead of stickers gives it mooie mooie bonus points in my book.

As for the X-Wing, it's nice but way to small. If it was the Power FX version in the match up it would be a harder choice. The upcoming ESB X-Wing more then makes up for the failings of the regular basic X-Wing though. But, I guess I just prefer the unique shapes of the Imperial Ships made as toys, over the usual rocketship style of most of the rebels fighters. The Y-Wing is a Rebel Fighter design I do like though.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

TIE Interceptor all the way!

This thing just plain rocks.
    May the force be with you.

I loved Luke's X-wing... when I was 6! This ship is cute, and I suppose an adequate toy for little ones, but it's woefully inaccurate and not up to the quality of the modern Star Wars line.

I picked the A-wing over the TIE Int, but I'd pick the TIE Int over the original X-wing any day.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The Interceptor just looks better. I always thought the wings on the X-wing should have been longer. Compared to all of the latest ships being released (Interceptor, Bomber, B-Wing), it really looks like a runt. The Talking X-Wing is a much better representation, but came at a bigger price. Go Interceptor!!!

Looks like I'm the oddball here. The Interceptor was alright, BUT I was really, really, R-E-A-L-L-Y irritated by it's supersoft bendy wings. So much so that after owning it for a week I traded it to my brother for his A-Wing (now you know how I voted in the other poll).

So, I pick the X-Wing by default, simply because I think Hasbro really dropped the ball with the Interceptor. Not that I like the X-Wing, it's pretty bad in many respects; but I REALLY don't want the Interceptor to win.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I gotta go with the X-Wing it was the first reissue vehicle I picked up and I just love the shape. I also like the Interceptor the best of all the TIE's but there is something classic about the X-Wing that just puts it over the top

Generation X-wing

I have to say the X-WING. The inteceptor is just some rehashed design while the x-wing though reminiscent of modern day planes is a unique design. All of the Rebellions ships were—x,y,a,b wings.
    Move along, move along

I wanted to vote against the TIE Interceptor to revenge the A-Wing, but I couldn't. I like it much better than this particular X-Wing.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".