Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Post Latest Insider *52 Figures 2002

I was reading the latest insider and it states that 52 figures will be made this year. Now I hope I didnt repeat what someone else already posted.
    Anyway, I wonder whos gonna be the last batch, because I onlu know of, up through 44? I think.

Anyone else know?

Only 52?
    At the rate they've been putting them out I was kinda hoping for 100 or so by the end of the year

By the way, 45 is Ephant Mon, and 46 is Teemto Pagalies, on the TRU poster

I guess Hasbro decided to flood the market all at once. I can't see them releasing 40 + figures before June and then waiting Until Sept. or Oct. to release 6 or 7 more. Maybe they are planning on releasing more than 52 this year. How knows, I gave up trying to figure out Hasbro's release/shipping methods a long time ago.
    Casual George

Both Tycho and myself, have heard numbers around 90+ figures this year, but I believe that counts Deluxe figures as well. I don't foresee the only 52 figures reports as being correct anymore, not with 40 figures out now, and more soon to come.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

yeah, that is kinda craptacular....up to 35 figures now and then releasing like 5 or so more every few months...blast!!! i'm gettin' antsy though, i need to find the new waves!!!! It's what they get for releasing so many figures and then makin' us wait!!! ahhhhh!!! but i hope they stick around the regular 52 figures....i don't wanna go totally broke! :-)
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

JMG, we are up to 40 figures now, not 35. That leaves 12 figures left, and 7 months until 2003. I highly doubt that 52 is all we end up getting, with the ammount of time we have left to the end of the year. Though Hasbro usually includes it's December figures into the next years count. Even if that's true, that still means only 2 figures a month until next year. Not gonna happen.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I think things should simmer down in the Fall, and put emphasis on the Gunship and Arena. Let stores get caught up with the waves, because while Dooku's been the last one sighted around here, most stores are still critically crammed with the first eight.

Of course, I think the more likely plan is that Hasbro is flushing out the waves now, then intentionally creating a lag so that collectors itching for more will buy anything...perhaps the Action Fleet that they don't want buried under other releases. But maybe I'm considering them more clever than they actually are.

Good point Lord Tenebrous, plus we have the rest of the deluxe figures, and then exclusives in the fall. Maybe it will be only 52 figures, but I am starting to really doubt that with the number of them out now. As for the 90+ that I myself have heard, I broke it down in another thread, and counting deluxe and exclusives, we are at around 90 anyway.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I think 52 figures for the year is more than enough. We have to consider also; that 1) Hasbro's not taking the chances they did last time around for E1 because they don't want to wind up with a ton of stuff on clearance; 2) just because all us collectors trip over ourselves to get everything as soon as it comes out doesn't mean that the casual and younger aged market does the same. This would give Hasbro the time to see which figures the market needs more of for the Christmas blitz in order to satisfy all the Star Wars customers, even after us collectors have everything.
    Let's not get too greedy. We still have a good 4-5 years (maybe more) of new Star Wars product. We don't need it all right now - otherwise, what fun will we have later?
    "I'm getting too old for this kind of thing"

Well one things for sure, I don't need everything now, but blasts! I sure would like the waves that are supposedly out now. I can only ever find 1-31.