Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Accessory swapping makes for better dioramas...

Thanks to Hasbro's inability to pack figures with the proper accessories or incidental pieces I have found it necessary to swap items.

For example... the Holographic Sidious that comes with Dooku would make a great Holo Obi-Wan. It's so small and the details so minute that it hardly matters that it's NOT Obi-Wan!

Has anyone else done this sort of thing?
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

All the time, case in point are the CTC stormies with long rifles. I use the blasters from the POTF2 stormies instead.
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor
    ACPin Star Wars Webmaster

Yes, the Episode 1 Mace comes with a blue saber, and the EP 1 Ki Adi Mundi comes with a purple one. So, if you just switch these two it all good.

Plus you need to give that extra gun from POTJ Bespin Liea to
    IG - 88, but everyone does that.
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

I took the Blaster from Leia w/ all new likeness and gave it to my Han Stormtrooper. The 2 handles fit perfectly into his hands.
    If Yoda is capable of kicking someone's @$$, imagine what a muppet could do!

Re: Accessory swapping makes for better dioramas...

Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
    Thanks to Hasbro's inability to pack figures with the proper accessories or incidental pieces I have found it necessary to swap items.

For example... the Holographic Sidious that comes with Dooku would make a great Holo Obi-Wan. It's so small and the details so minute that it hardly matters that it's NOT Obi-Wan!

Has anyone else done this sort of thing?
    Yeah. It's funny but I tend to go with what "feels" right even if it's not accurate. Like the Holo Sidious you mentioned; it doens't bother me that I "know" it isn't Obi Wan but it's close enough that I can pretend.

I gave the lightsaber from my AOTC Plo Koon to my POTJ Plo since he is more accurate for Arena Dioramas. I also gave Luminara Unduli one of my extra HD Ani metal sabers since her bendy plastic one just sucks.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

If I ever find anymore Bespin Lukes I plan on leaving the 2nd one displayed on the weather vane so I'll be giving the blaster to POTJ Pilot Luke and the lightsaber to HD Ani.

Anyone else think Zam's arm looks better on HD Ani?

I swapped the small blasters between the two Zam's since Preview Zam doesn't need one that can host a blast effect since I've got her always holding the rifle so I gave the preview blaster to "quick-draw" Zam and put a Boba/Jango blast effect on it.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Anakin uses Padme's chain links in No Escape From The Droidekas
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor
    ACPin Star Wars Webmaster

An easy little setup...

Here is Dooku shocking Anakin....
    All you need is....
    Dooku
    Obi Wan (Optional)
    Anakin HD
    Royal Guard's elctro stuff....

Here it is... IT may not be accurate but tell me what you think...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dooku shock.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	2100  
    SUPER BATTLE DROIDS RULE YA FOOL!

I like that, ACPin. One question though. How'd you get Padme's arm to stay down? Mine won't do that.

AHH!!!!!!
    Oops.....
    I meant that post to be a thread!!!!!!!!!
    SUPER BATTLE DROIDS RULE YA FOOL!