Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why can't they seem to get Artoo's dome right?

It seems that Hasbro has made all the other Astromech domes correctly... three projector "knobs" on the dome. It seems that practically every Artoo, with the exception of ONE, is missing that one that's placed on the top. Is there any history/reason as to why that is?
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

They don't care about it being THAT accurate when usually the only special thing about the R2 fig is the new feature?: Wheels, electronics, rockets, missile-lightsaber...
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

(sounding a bit like Marge Simpson) "Hmmmmm..."

My main complaint with the new R2 is that his dome is turned to the side and stuck there.

Yeah... there's that, too. They really couldn't do much about that because of the electronics, though.

I hadn't thought of that. They could've just had the dome facing foreward, though.

If I remember correctly the EP2 Artoo is the exact same mold that was used for the Power FX Artoo 6 years ago. Hasbro/Kenner wasn't so interested in accuracy back then.

So far the Artoo with holo/Leia is the all around best version of Artoo yet. I won't waste my money on another Artoo figure until they manage to make one better than that version.

I'm with ya on that BigB.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Hopefully the upcoming E2 R2-D2 w/ Booster Rockets will be as good or better then the R2-D2 w/ Holo Leia. But they really need to do R2-D2: Jabba's Bartender w/ Drink Tray. And then R2-D2: Trench Battle Damage and R2-D2: Endor Bunker Damage.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    Hopefully the upcoming E2 R2-D2 w/ Booster rockets will be as good or even better then the R2-D2 w/ Holo Leia. But they really need to do R2-D2: Jabba's Bartender w/ Drink Tray.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Yes, it's amazing that with all the different versions of R2, even the uneeded POTJ Naboo Escape (did it even have some sort of feature?) Hasbros still hasn't made bartender R2.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?