Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Motion Blades!

That's what I'm saying. All of the pegs on my sabers seem pretty strong. I could easily see how they be able to hold AT LEAST twice the weight EASILY!

they are making those new accessory packs, so maybe we'll see something like this...
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

MUUUUUWWAAAAAHAAAAHAAA... you thought it would die... i dug into the depths of the dear hasbro forum and resurected the motion blades thread like the firey phoenix rises from it's own ashes! it will never die!!!! back on top!!!!! it's alive, ALIVE, ALIVE!!!!!! MUUUUUWWAAAAAHAAAAHAAA...

support motion blades...

No, I don't think it's a very good idea at all.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

well i don't think YOU'RE a good idea, so nyah!

They wouldn't be able to do them correctly. The thing about the blades is when they're in "motion" like the example your give, you see the inner beam in "motion" and the light it's giving off also moves around it, but Hasbro doesn't mold any inner beam, just the one color blades, so it'd look more like a fruit roll-up rather than a lightsaber in motion.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

it's probably pointless to argue, seeing as though it's doubtful they will make 'em anyway... i just wanted to bring my first thread back from the dead...

Stangely, I can see this working. What you actually need is a blabe that's almost the same as a regular one but flattened at the top so it looks more like the squared off blades in the movie. Then a thin wedge of the same plastic flowing off from the blade in a tapered way so it's thinner at the bottom end than at the top and thinner at the edges than at the center but still thinner than the actual blade itself. Onto this you add a sculpted streaking effect but very subtle and you achieve hopefully the effect of a blade cutting through the air with a tracer following the saber beam. I can see it in my head but find it hard to describe in words. But as a pack in for major jedi characters and something to pack in with yet another dull vader figure i can see its potential and see that it's a much better use of lumps of clear colored plastic than the force effects. The force effects suffer from being too thick and from never being sen anywhere in the movies. The motion blades are seen everywhere a jedi weilds a saber in action. Ergo it's a great idea that hasbro should have thought of. Figures should pack with a saber hilt with a peg to attach the hilt to the figures belt. A metal saber hilt if they have a magnet in their hand, a normal saber blade and a motion saber blade. That would make up for a lack of articulation in the legs when hasbro pose the Jedi in Bruce Lee fight positions.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    OH! I think Jargo hit on the way to make Hasbro start making these. Give them the choice between ANYTHING and more articulation in their figures and they'll head the other direction.

So articulated figures or motion blades Hasbro? They'll gobble up motionblades like kids eating candy on Halloween...
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

jarg's, that's sort of similar to my post on the first page about making it thicker in the middle, where the color is more pure, and thinner at the edges, where the color is washing out... or maybe thickest at one edge, and getting thinner toward the "back" of the blade, to give more of a motion sense...