Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wat Tambor...if it's not too late...

I have to admit it, Wat is going to be a statue, with maybe 4-6 point of articulation (arms, elbows, possibly wrists). But so long as he looks good, I won't argue.

Now for the accessory. Since Wat's Techno Union controls the droid foundry on Geonosis, a nice touch would be to include with him a sturdier version of the Commander Battle Droid (like OOM-9). You can re-use the old mold, just don't make him bendy and feeble (and no retractable neck). That way, both of them can oversee the hordes of droids swarming their way into war.

Please find a full photo of the attached model. I feel that it is a wonderful representation of the final CG product.

Thanks for listening.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	watmodel.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	1938  
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

I think Wat Tambor is actual being planned. The only thing that the model doesn't show is the knobs on his chestplate. It would be a really nice touch if the knobs actually turned to kind of make up for the fact that he has no legs.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Like BigB said, his name appeared on early Hasbro lists for this year, so he may be on his way for Fall/Winter. I hope so, I like the look of the charecter. I need to see the movie again, when he goes past Kenobi, to see exactly what he has in the place of legs. I don't think I've seen any pictures of him, other then the one where he's sitting at the table with the other sepratists. Good idea with the turning nobs, BigB.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

He seemed to glide across the ground and not actually walk. This could be either cuz he's on wheels or a kind of repulsolift platform. Thus I don't think it would make sense for Hasbro to sculpt legs under his cloak.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

That's what I thought. Maybe they could do like they did with the R2-D2: Naboo Escape and put wheels on him. That would be a cool feature, along with the turning nobs. You could push him around like he was rolling/floating.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I'll buy him!

Tenebrous, I like the suggestion of arm articulation. If we could pose his arms across his chest and over the knobs in a few different ways, I think it would suffice.

Yes I want one too, but I have apprehensions. I want to be able to do the meeting that they all had around the table. And currently our Dooku cannot sit. If they're going to make this guy, at least make the others (and him included, regardless if he doesn't have legs) be able to sit.
    Does anyone know if they're planning on making the rest of the people there at that meeting?
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Maybe he has midget legs like Ketwol...
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

StarWars.com has updated and added databank files about the Sepratist leaders, including Wat Tambor. I'll post it here, for anyone intrested.

Wat Tambor:
    Homeworld:Skako, Metalorn
    Species: Skakoan
    Height: 1.93 meters
    Affiliation: Techno Union, Confederacy of Independent Systems

The Movies:
    A consummate industrialist, Wat Tambor was the Foreman of the Techno Union, a galactic institution concerned with technological innovation. Tambor was eager to escape from the choking bureaucracy of the Republic Senate, and readily joined the Confederacy of Independent Systems. He not only committed his army of battle droids to the cause, but also hosted the meeting of the Separatists minds at one of the Techno Union's droid foundries on Geonosis.

As befitting a technocrat, Wat Tambor is entirely encased in machinery and is even reliant on technology to speak. His deep, resonant voice is strangely mechanical, modulated by a set of dials built into his torso.

Expanded Universe:
    Though he spent most of his time on the harsh industrial world of Metalorn, Wat Tambor hails from Skako. He is one of the few Skakoans to venture into the galaxy, since the native atmospheric pressure of that world is so different than that of most. Were it not for Tambor's full-body environment suit, he would explosively decompress in standard atmospheres.

Tambor oversaw a number of advanced technology plants scattered throughout the galaxy, and many major corporations, including Baktoid Armor Workshop, Haor Chall Engineering, Republic Sienar Systems, and Kuat Systems Engineering were signatory members of the Techno Union.

Behind The Scenes:
    Wat Tambor, like most of the Separatists seen gathering with Dooku, was an entirely computer-generated creation. Concept Artist Michael Patrick Murnane developed the look of Tambor, giving him an art deco quality of simple shapes and clean lines.

A line of dialogue originally belonging to Poggle the Lesser concerning the battle droids was later given to Wat Tambor, explaining that the Techno Union were the builders of most of the new droid army seen in Episode II.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wat tambor.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	1947  

It would be really sweet if they made him electronic and you could press the knob(s) to activate it. Man, i'd definately buy him then! And they should make him able to SIT!!!

InGenOps - THE Jurassic Park & Dinosaur site on the internet!
    http://InGenOps.250free.com

InGenOps Community Forums
    http://InGenOps.hyperboards.com