Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Cool Do you guys like the Beatles?

The Beatles are my favorite band. [Hence my username.] Do any of you like them? Who's your favorite? Mine's George.
    "Queen Amidala is young and naive."

The Beatles are pretty good. I just recently really started to listen to them. My favorite songs are probably Norweigan Wood, Hey Jude and The Inner Light (I think that's the title, it has lyrics from an Indian proverb saying "The more one travels, the less one knows.")

I wouldn't necessarily say that I have a favorite Beatle, but if I was forced to pick one I would have to say Ringo. If a guy as ugly as that can become a teen idol, then anybody can.

I never got into them and don't really care either way. I've been accused of blasphemy for that stance.

The Beatles are great!
    The best rock band ever.

I'm living in liverpool now, you'd think they might have a classic rock radio station or something. But no. All the radio and clubs play is crap pop - Boybands, Kylie, etc.

At least the Cavern plays Beatles.
    Charles Barkley:
    That's cold Obi-Wan

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    The inevitable argument starter is whether you are a "Beatles man" or an "Elvis man". Now you can like both, but eventually you hve to choose to like one better. I'm a Beatles man.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

I LOVE THE BEATLES !!!!!

Originally posted by Croaker
    The Beatles are great!
    The best rock band ever.

I'm living in liverpool now, you'd think they might have a classic rock radio station or something. But no. All the radio and clubs play is crap pop - Boybands, Kylie, etc.

At least the Cavern plays Beatles.
    Hey Croaker I'm in Liverpool too. Have you been in the Beatles Shop in the city center? Lots of Beatles stuff in there, pretty cool!!! .

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

I've loved the Beatles for years, with my favourite songs being Nowhere Man and almost any song by George Harrison (especially Here comes the Sun).
    Best Album = Revolver (second = Help!)

STiin
    Superb Sellers, highly recommended = Karma, LMan, Son Gohan, Bosskmr, Julian

I appreciate the Beatles, but I would not say I am a fan. I enjoy some of their early songs, but don't really care for the "acid" beatles.

If I had to choose though, I would go with Elvis baby!

The King was one cool cat!
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

In true honesty I have to say I don't understand what all the fuss is with Elvis. I don't see why many see him as the 'Greatest' and visit shrines to him and so much.
    Note, I'm not trying to start an argument here, but just giving my opinion.
    What is it about Elvis that people like so much?

STiin
    Superb Sellers, highly recommended = Karma, LMan, Son Gohan, Bosskmr, Julian

Quite honestly, I'm sick to death of the bloody Beatles. It's like nothing else ever came out of Liverpool. And Liverpool is such a richly diversely talented place full of artists and poets and musicians who are tons better than the Beatles. The Beatles were cool for a time back in the sixties but there is so much more to liverpool than that bloody bunch of low lifes. The Beatles museum and the Cavern are just tourist traps , there to rip you off for every penny they can while getting as rich as possible off the backs of some once local beatniks. I'm sick of falling over the bloody tourists in Cavern walks every summer. I'm sick of seeing the open top tour bus rattle round full of innocent japanese people being ripped off. The Beatles were a pop band not a rock band. The Cavern in Cavern walks is no longer there, it's underneath a car park. What you visit is a theme bar that's crap. Paul McCartnet is an arse who is a miser and a money grubber. Ringo Starr is a screwed up nobody. george harrison is dead and was a useless musician. John Lennon deserved to be shot for being an arsehole. Someone please do the same to Yoko to shut the dwarf up. People don't waste your time or money coming to Liverpool looking for the legend because what you see now is a lie and a rip off. Save your money and go buy some decent music instead.

No, I don't like the Beatles or anything remotely connected with them. I like Liverpool it's a fantastic city and I'd like to claim it back from the Beatles insanity please. Tourists go home!