Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Darth Vader Vs. Darth Maul

while Darth Maul seems to be a better combatant than Darth Vader, Darth Vader has his choke hold. who wins?? Hmmm...i think Vader would win but just for sympathy...we all know MAUL would win that one.

Your Thoughts...
    As always...........L

Thumbs up Agree

I'm going to agree with you on this lobito, Darth Maul definetely will win, he is younger, physically stronger and definetely cooler than the Vader
    Good Post

Okay, for starters, what is each man's motivation? Maul is driven by a sort of abstract sense of revenge, since he probably wasn't around when the Sith were silenced by themselves/the Jedi. Kind of like a fighter in a religious war that's been going on for centuries. Vader is driven by a very real, very recent hatred. The revenge he wants is of a much more personal kind, the kind that won't let him be taken out by an upstart apprentice.

Next, tactics: Maul simply has an in your face, up close and personal style that demands quick reflexes and expert skills. Plus he has the deadly double-bladed lightsaber. Vader has more of a stand back and wear down the enemy from afar style, he is not hesitant to use objects to subdue his enemy with little strain on his physical resources.

Brains: Maul has diplayed little reliance on these. Vader is cold, calculating and sensible. He pursues his goals with little regard for distractions, which is what he'd consider Maul to be.

Honor: These are Sith Lords, doesn't apply.

With this said, I believe Vader would not even ignite his lightsaber to deal with Maul. If Maul somehow managed to get the drop on him (which Ep1 established is impossible since Anakin sees things before they happen) Vader would Force Push him against a wall, pelt him with surrounding objects to wear him down then Force choke him to death.

Vader would win by brains alone. Sorry, Maul fans, the tattooed one doesn't stand a chance.

Yep, vader would choke him b4 Maul could reach his lightsaber, now if they both fought with sabers, that would turn up to be pretty interesting...
    As always...........L

Maul would be too eager to show off his flashy fighting style. Vader is much more relaxed and confident, he has nothing to prove to anybody. Plus, Vader knows his own limitations; Maul doesn't seem to think he has any.

Re: Agree

Originally posted by logam
    I'm going to agree with you on this lobito, Darth Maul definetely will win, he is younger, physically stronger and definetely cooler than the Vader
    Good Post
    Well Vader is mostly machine so this is tough to argue.

I think Vader would win because Vader is stronger in the force. If Maul comes running up with his lightsaber in hand all Vader would have to do is use the Force to crush Maul like a fly.

Well, considering that Darth Maul was killed before Darth Vader had even gone through puberty, i assume there would have to be a certain amount of time-warping and Marvel Comic style "were both bad guys/good guys so let's fight for no reason" in such a battle. Darth Maul would probably have an advantage over Vader being younger, stronger and faster. Vader was able to beat a premature Luke Skywalker but I don't know how good he'd do against a fully trained younger Sithlord wth a double bladed saber.
    http://www.geocities.com/madscientist2787

Okay folks. here is the hierarchy of lightsaber wielding bad mofos in the Star Wars galaxy.

Luke is at the top because he beat Vader.

Vader beat Obi Wan.

Obi Wan beat Maul.

Maul beat Qui Gon.

Even Piell was beat with the ugly stick.

Vader vs. Maul? Vader wins...

GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

And on the old forums:
    Who's better, Maul or Vader?

my answer: Vader
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.