Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Wrong way Hasbro has taken!!!

I have received my last order of EPISODE II figures and I am very, very angry with the bad quality Hasbro has made the latest toys from the saga. They are including stupid "slashing" action on the figures giving them an awful look. Just see the wheel on Anakin Hanger Duel and the "button" on Vader Bespin. Since the mayority of people buying Star Wars are collectors, we have no stupid features for kids. STOP DOING THIS HASBROOOOOO!!!!! AND PLEAAASE DONT PACK MORE "BLUE BOLTS" WITH THE FIGURES!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vaderbespin.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	1944  

Angry Wrong way Hasbro has taken II !!!

I have to carry on with the bad quality of the latest ATOC Toys: Now size relations.

- Just see the diference between Dooku- Obi Wan figure sizes or Anakin-Obi Wan sizes, they seem to belong to different collections. WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH YOU HASBRO????

- And now a Question: How do you sit your Zam Wessell figure on her speeder? Perhaps Hasbro has the answer!!

I ASK FOR SIRSTEVE TO OPEN A PETITION FOR HASBRO TO BE MORE SERIOUS WITH THE COLLECTORS AND MAKING TOYS WITH BETTER QUALITY!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sizes.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	1945  

Well some of the size comparisons are a little off because some of the characters are squatting or in some other weird pose. However, I think you'll find many posts that agree with you in the "Dear Hasbro" section of Sir Steves guide. Hasbro actually watches the opinions of others there, even though legally they cannot speak with us. That is the best place you can be heard. But for the most part, I agree with you.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Wow never noticed that one. That's pretty bad...
    It could be how the figures are posed too...
    Dooku Fett's Star Wars Site

“If you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. But I don’t have the time.”
    -Chris Farley from Tommy Boy

"She's gone from suck to blow."
    -Zanders from Spaceballs

Also some of the scale differences is because Christopher Lee himself in real life is 6' 5" tall. And Hayden is pretty tall also. Ewan McGregor is only 5'10" tall. Plus the figures of Dooku and Anakin are in a pretty basic poses, while the Obi-Wan you are comparing it to has a wide stance. Not to also mention, the Obi-Wan figure is a tad smaller in scale, so he will hang properly from the Assassin droid.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

The wheel isn't that big of a deal, and there is another Anakin coming out in that outfit anyway. As for the Vader, the button could be shorter like Luke: Bespin's but that's easily remedied, just cut some of it off. And there may be alot of collector's buying Star Wars figures, but kids buy them also...and if you show figures like these to most kids they would eat them up. They are fun to play with. As for the complaining about the blue bolts, well they are removable...you don't like em, throw em away or toss them away into a box.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

The target audience for the initial waves after the films release is kids. I have been out looking at figs and while I see the occasional adult collector, I mainly see younglings begging their mothers for the main characters! Some things never change! While collectors like us may be all for scale and accuracy, Hasbro needs these to look exciting and fun as kids have a lot to choose from these days.

And anyway- this line contains some cool figures with features I like! The Jangos, blaster effects, noises, and some of the pack-ins are really cool. They sure beat commtech chips!
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

I love your attitude Jar Jar, you rule!
    "Two fighters against a Star Destroyer?" - Derek Klivian

Is that the basic Count Dooku? Hey, that's pretty cool, how tall he is like Christopher Lee. I wasn't planning on getting one but I'll give it a second look when it hits my AO.

And the droid-hanging Obi-Wan is out of scale? Feh....the straight arm was bad enough...

Bring back POTJ!
    MTFBWY, FMTPO!!!

I'm not sure kids will like the new Vader all that much. When I was a kid never played with the figure with action feature cuz they never worked right. The accessories would fling out of the hand, lose arms would get in the way of neutral poses, ect. I always drifted toward the more articulated, neutral posed figures.

Even now I'm contemplating adding GIJoe parts to my customs...

I agree that as a whole, the first Saga wave is pretty lame for the most part. Only a few like the Fetts and the non-action Jedi are worth the trouble IMHO.
    MTFBWY, FMTPO!!!