Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unhappy Did something I wish I didn't

Back in '95 when Kenner started making the Star Wars figures again and they weren't popular, I bought all of the first ones. And the one I wish I would have kept in the package is my Obi-Wan figure. It was the long lightsaber, half body photo. And it's now worth over $50
    Oh well. I was young and got some use out of it
    Dooku Fett's Star Wars Site

If you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. But I dont have the time.
    -Chris Farley from Tommy Boy

"She's gone from suck to blow."
    -Zanders from Spaceballs

Re: Did something I wish I didn't

Originally posted by Dooku Fett
    Back in '95 when Kenner started making the Star Wars figures again and they weren't popular, I bought all of the first ones. And the one I wish I would have kept in the package is my Obi-Wan figure. It was the long lightsaber, half body photo. And it's now worth over $50
    Oh well. I was young and got some use out of it
    So if you would have kept Ben in his package, would you sell him? You really should worry about the value of your collection, unless you sell for proffit. I don't open my stuff because I think it looks better in the package. I know my Freeze Frame Weequay is valued at $400+ and I wouldn't dream of selling it, nor do I think wow it worth sooo much. Just my view on things.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

No I wouldn't sell it. I would have just watch the value keep rising and maybe pass it on to my kids. I do have Boba Fett figure that's worth about $20 so maybe the price will keep rising...

If you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. But I dont have the time.

-Zanders from Spaceballs

I wish our new stuff like POTF2 and POTJ would hold it value, but after about a year or two the value drops and no one wants the figures anymore. This new stuf just doesn't stand up to the 1977 vintage figures. I don't see yours or my kids going to college with the help of our collection. If I was only older when StarWars came out.
    (Like my posts)

The reason why I collect figures is just to see if it would be worth anyting in the future. I don't expect any of my figures to be worth a fortune, I just collect because I like to. And people tell me to grow up and stop buying toys and I just say "So I like to collect Star Wars toys. So what?!"
    Right now my most valuble Star Wars figure I have is my unopened Boba Fett.

-Zanders from Spaceballs

I am 28 and collect Star Wars figures because I LOVE STAR WARS! I always have and always will. I collect the figures now for 2 reasons, one because it brings back great memories of playing for hours on end with all my figures. Second when I was about 14 my stepfather threw away 2 boxes of all my star wars toys from when I was younger. Of course most of the figures werent complete and the ships may have been a little worn, but they were worth more money than anyone could ever pay me for them. So collecting now isnt about the money, but just my pure simple love of Star Wars, even when my wife yells at me for "wasting money on toys".

Hey it's not wasting money,if it's somthing you enjoy. Hell people spend the same or more money on cigarets and beer and those can kill you. It's like any hobby, you spend lots of money
    (Like my posts)

Originally posted by turbowars
    Hey it's not wasting money,if it's somthing you enjoy. Hell people spend the same or more money on cigarets and beer and those can kill you. It's like any hobby, you spend lots of money
    That's exactly what it's all about. But still, people just don't get it. They have such simple minds

-Zanders from Spaceballs

You think that's bad? I bought a long-saber Vader and didn't like the saber length so I bought a regular-lenght Vader, and then returned it with the long saber in the short saber's place in the tray!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Now that's good. I was really cranky about the first 9 figures. I was mad about the "buffness" and the length of the sabers. I had Obi Wan and Darth duelling for about a week, and both sabers looked "impotent" after that time. They had actually begun to wilt or bend under their own weight. Im happier with my regular length models as far as loose figures go. It's crazy to look at the first few runs and compare them with the new stuff - the improvements are pretty obvious in terms of detail. Quality of materials on the other hand....
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008