The Ultimate Death Star Playset

Playsets! Playsets! Playsets!

I am a huge fan of playsets, and I think we need more of them. Especially a good Death Star playset. One may say a good Death Star playset would cost too much. Not if you made it in stackable sections sold seperately. Each peice roughly 2' wide, 1' deep, and 6" high and retail for around $20 a section.

10) Death Star Gunner's Station. Comes with large turbo cannon and Death Star Gunner resculpt. A flat peice fits on top and is a landing pad for a Tie or Shuttle.

9) Emporer's Throne Room (Throne platform / upperlevel). Comes w/ an Emporer resculpt.

8) Emporer's Throne Room (Bridge area / Lower level). Comes with an Imperial Dignatary

8 & 9 Might be sold together at a higher price.

7) Command Center. Has the view port with an image of Alderan. Comes with a Grand Moff Tarkin resculpt.

6) Tractor Beam Controls. Come with a Ben Kenobi resculpt aka "Sneaky Ben."

5) Chasm Swing. Luke and Lea's escape route. Comes with Luke w/ Stormtrooper belt and rifle.

4) Blast Door Hallway. Can be used as Han and Chewie's escape route or the location of Vader and Ben's final battle. Comes with Chewie w/ Stormtrooper heavy rifle

3) Control Room (R2 & Threepio's hideout.) Comes with Imperial Officer resculpt.

2) Detention Center. Has a trap door that fits over the Trash Compactor. Comes w/ Han in Stormtrooper disguise resculpt.

1) Trash Compactor. Walls can be "cranked" together. Comes with "sponge" garbage and The Dianoga.

Each peice can be stacked together in any order. Each peice has a background photo that secures to the back and a connecting shaft for the turbo lift. The lift itself comes with the first peice released. You can remove peices depending on which Death Star version you want to represent or put them all together for an Ultimate Death Star!

Let's hear your ideas!
    "Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose."

Playsets:
    - Lars Homestead;
    Section A: Entrance w/desert scene, moisture vaporators w/ droid & Owen Lars.
    Section B: Garage, dining room and kitchen w/Beru Lars.
    Section C: Luke's Room, oil bath, tool chests w/Luke Skywalker & "dirty" C-3PO.

- Death Star Battle Station;
    Section A: Electronic Hangar w/ceilling racks for 3 Fighters, crane, freight/personel elevator, lights, and sounds w/Imperial Scanning Crew x2 w/toolbox.
    Section B: Electronic Info Station w/working consoles and droid access port w/electronic Imperial droid w/retractable access arm.
    Section C: Electronic Security Station w/working consoles, closet, doorway w/sounds, droid access port and Imperial Officer.
    Section D: Electronic Detention Block w/control room, working consoles, doors, droid access port, trash chute, 4 cells, alarm buttons and lights w/Detention Block Officer and interrogator droid (can be suspended from wire or on a standard).
    Section E: Electronic Trash Compactor w/sounds, trash, dianoga and compressing feature w/Han Solo in Stormtrooper disguise.
    Section F: Electronic Power Generator w/chasm, droid access port, switches, lights, sounds and part of chasm & pair of Stormtroopers & Obi-Wan Kenobi.
    Section G: Electronic Chasm w/elevating bridge, opening doors, lights w/Luke, Leia and Stormtrooper.
    Section H: Electronic Turbolaser w/lights, sounds, moving barrels w/Death Star Gunner.
    Section I Electronic Superlaser Firing Station w/lights, sounds and Death Star Gunner.
    Section J Electronic Fighter Hangar w/racks for 10 fighters in rack of 5 (stacked) w/lights, sounds, ceilling crane, boarding ramps, observation walkway and door w/Imperial Technician w/toolbox..
    Add-on 1: Death Star Hallway (straight) w/Stormtrooper.
    Add-on 2: Death Star Hallway (T-crossing) w/Stormtrooper.
    Add-on 3: Death Star Hallway (crossing) w/Stormtrooper & Mouse Droid.
    Add-on 4: Death Star Elevator w/Stormtrooper.

InGenOps - THE Jurassic Park & Dinosaur site on the internet!
    http://InGenOps.250free.com

InGenOps Community Forums
    http://InGenOps.hyperboards.com

Freedom, very nice idea, too bad Hasbro has bozos working for them and would never come up with a good idea like that.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Great idea! Too bad Hasbro won't do it. I've though about doing my own Death Star (more for my vintage figures), but I have too many other project going and too little time (and room).
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Check out the "Dear Hasbro" section of the forums. Stillakid and Rollo Tomassi have had similar ideas floating around over there for AGES...
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

I like your stackable idea. It allow you to pick and chose. Very cool.

Death Star!

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...&threadid=2019

Star Destroyer!

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...=&threadid=549

And here:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...ght=death+star

In addition to my posts at the above threads, my son and I pulled out a ton of ships to fly around and shoot each other with today. He asked me if I had a Star Destroyer. I said, yes, kind of. When I pulled out the vintage one his face dropped. "That's it?" he asked. "Yep," I replied. So as cool as everyone's "pieces" idea seems to be, it'll never fly (no pun intended). Kid's want something that LOOKS like the thing they saw in the movie. I pulled out that smaller toy, the one that really looks like a Destroyer but is scaled more to the Micromachines line than anything else, and that got him going again, but clearly an ALL-IN-ONE playset that looks like a Star Destroyer on the outside, yet opens for playability on the inside in the way to a kid's heart and a parent's wallet.

So, right after that episode, he asked if I had Death Star. I have the vintage one but not assembled. The central elevator was sitting out and I pointed to it. He again said, "oh, but don't you have a big one?!" I told him that they never made anything like that. He then got really excited and started explaining in exact detail what it should look like and do. In a freaky twist he described my exact plans that are at the link above. Weird because I never ever talked to him about that. What's more, he added a little extra that hadn't even occurred to me. The outside panels should "explode" off for a climactic action scene. Cool, huh? I thought so.

Kid's don't want pieces. They want a ship that they can fly around, open up, play with, shoot stuff out of, crash it, land it, put guys in etc, etc ,etc. A four walled box, they don't.

These ideas all sound really good. Too bad they'll never, ever happen unless it's a Fan Club exclusive or something, and even then only after Episode III and Hasbro is desperate for new ideas. I could really go for a nice big Death Star playset.

Good traders/sellers: pthfnder89, jjreason, bobafett07728, TK421, Lord Tenebrous, DahrJin, baby 01, Lman316, jonboy, swfreaker