Question boba fett variation...

we have one with a background and one without. the one w/ out has a realativly clean helmet. the one w/ the background has a very spotty helmet. is this a variation of any form? and.........could we have a variation forum? this way we wouldn't flood this or any other toy forum with variations........think about it, moderators...
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

Unfortunately, variation and error get used as the same concept, when variation is actually a conscious change on Hasbro's part.

Current variations are background/not, covered accessory text/removed text, and small changes to figures (Luke's hand, some skin tone modifications, super battle droid details, sticker changes).

99% of the time, it's an issue of quality control. Buy the toy that looks good to you, don't buy it because some shmuck on eBay will pay $50 for what amounts to an oversight by an overworked, underpaid third-world worker.

Sorry to be blunt, but I'm getting a little peeved at the increased amount of "purchase for speculative value". It's collecting. That means you either keep it or trade it fairly for something you don't have.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

I think hasbro was just trying to make the figures different so people would buy both.
    The force will be with you- always...