Interchangeable arms!

I've decided to take an idea I first heard proposed by El Chuxter in another forum. I think interchangeable arms like those seen in 21st Century toys' 3 3/4" line would be a great action feature for the Star Wars line. They'd certainly add LOTS of play value! We could finally get Jedi with removeable sculpted robes! Pop off the robed arms, remove the vest-like plastic robe, and pop the non-robed arms in place! Leave it up to us to decide whether to display our Jedi with robes on or off! It'd also help to alleviate some of the criticisms regarding pre-posed figures; we'd all get a second choice of pose.

I'd much rather have Jedis with bendable knees and arms, with cloth robes on top and their regular attire underneath. They should also make sure that everything is exactly as the character is in the movie. Then you could sit them in the council and pose them in fights.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

like I said the other thread, great idea! then finally we could get two posing possibilities on one figure
    oh and give them bad*ss articulation like brandon mentioned

I think that would be okay, but it would only work for some figures. I mean, there are a few where you wouldn't need to change their arms/pose, and it would just be a waste, IMO.
    However, all of that could be alleviated if they just used cloth robes and put in a ton of articulation. I just hope Hasbro does something to keep this series alive. These gimmicks are starting to p*ss me off, rather than grow on me, like I had thought...
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

I'm sorry, but voluminous cloth robes just don't cut it for me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	42643.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	1949  

Bad a** articulation is the way to go with the bendable Knees & arms, now the cloth cloaks can be taken off for battles on say your playsets and when your in the council (Hasbro design maybe
    or your own) you can put their cloaks on when they are sitting down with hoods down of course. I'd much rather see this Roojay,
    because at least Hasbro has tried this before, anything like you suggested I'm afraid they would screw up horribly. Don't get me wrong I like the idea, but I don't think they have the consistancy to make this correctly. And by the way what's wrong with cloth capes(cloaks), they are 10 times better than this hard plastic outfits that they have on the new figures. Just my opinion I guess.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	182.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	1957  
    Last edited by DarthBrandon; 05-25-2002 at 10:50 PM.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Hey, I understand some people like their figures with massive robes, some like them "enrobed in chocolate" like your Mace there, some like the old-school vintage Kenner vinyl robes and culottes! Me...I think I'd prefer interchangeable arms with plastic robes! It IS just MY opinion, but I think it'd work, I think Hasbro could do it, and I think that once everyone saw it, they'd like it! Like I said...that's just me.

I wish that Hasbro would at least make every droid with universal pop out apendages.
    no smiley zone!

I want quality cloth cloaks and knee articulation in all Jedi figs!!!

InGenOps - THE Jurassic Park & Dinosaur site on the internet!
    http://InGenOps.250free.com

InGenOps Community Forums
    http://InGenOps.hyperboards.com