Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What exactly is a Gondor?

In TESB, hand mention to look that he looks good enough to pull ears off a Gondor. What is it? Does anyone have any pictures?

It's Gundark. Here is what is said about them in at the Star Wars: Technical Commentaries website. The only pictures of them we have seen to my knowledge, is from the old Marvel Comics series.

Gundarks are strong elephant-sized predators which appear to be found on several worlds throughout the galaxy. The hide is tough and pinkish-orange, with a distinctive warty crest running the length of the long neck and around the mouth and eyes. The head is hammer-shaped and flat, with the eyes on the extremes to either side. This arrangement provides excellent binocular vision and spatial judgement used to aim the enormous muscular tongue, which thrusts from the rounded mouth to lengths of over five metres, ensnaring and constricting prey. In addition to raw strength, the tongue seems to bear suckers and what looks like a sticky excretion. It is said that once a gundark latches its tongue onto something, it never lets go.

Mention of them also turns up in Episode II, when Obi-Wan and Anakin are in the Elevator near the beginning of the film. I don't recall the exact dialogue, but this is close:

Obi-Wan: I haven't seen you this nervous since you accidentally fell into that nest of Gundarks.

Anakin: That was you, Master.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gundark.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	1950  
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Here is another image.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gundark2.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	1951  

Thanks JarJar, I thought they would have pretty big ears.

How in the hell could you be blind enough to walk into a nest of those things?

They actually look very different in current EU. Check out the Essential Guide to Alien Species. Unfortunately I don't have a scan, but it's one ugly sucker!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Oh El Chuxter? Maybe some other friendly forum member would care to scan the page and post for everyone?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I saw a pic a couple years ago, it and looked more like an oversized bat, which kind of makes more sense IMO, but, whatever.
    The force will be with you- always...

The dialogue is closer to what follows:

O-WK: I haven't seen you this (nervous-tense-uptight [not sure]) since we fell into that nest of Gundarks.
    AK: You fell into that nightmare, master, and I rescued you.
    O-WK: Oh, yes . . . (laughs)
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I know what a gundark is but isn't Gondor the land of mortal men in Lord of the Rings?