Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question about fx sabers:)

I know they light up brightly, and make sounds, but for how long? Are tey on for a few seconds, or do they go off only when you push the button again? I hope they stay on intill you press te button again

are you asking about the hasbro lightsabers? if so the sabers(anakin, obi-wan, dooku) will stay on when activated: lit up and making a humming saber sound, and then when the blade is hit a sound effect of two sabers hitting is activated.

and incase you are wondering, the extended blade is 25 inches, or about 5 inches shorter than the luke and vader sabers.

if you are asking about the master replica sabers, i can't give you a definate answer, because i have not gotten mine yet, but i think it operates along the same line as the hasbro saber. at least it did in the video demo i saw.

What is the address to the master replica sabers your speaking of?

www.masterreplicas.com

they advertise on the SSG main page. they also sell these sabers at online places like entertainment earth.

Originally posted by derek
    www.masterreplicas.com

they advertise on the SSG main page. they also sell these sabers at online places like entertainment earth.
    derek - did you order Anakin or Vaders fx saber from MasterReplicas? if so could you let me know how it is when you recieve it? I want to order one of them but their website cautions that the hilt is not quite to scale because they had to enlarge it for the electronics and batteries.

If it's just a tad too big I can handle that, but if it's like Hasbro-sized huge then I don't want to waste my money. I'd love to hear a review of yours!
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

Yeh derek let us know how yours is and how long it took to get it. I want one too but i don't like how long it takes to ship but i will get it any way. Are there any places that sell them cheaper or have a better kind of shipping?

o-ka-lee-dok-a-lee!

when i get mine, i'll definately let you guys know. i'm thinking of getting a digital camera, so i'll possibly do a side by side comparison with hasbro's anakin saber.

i don't think it's gonna be as fat as hasbro's saber, they just put out the disclaimer because those die hard prop collectors complain about accuracy way more than us toy geeks ever thought of.

The only thing i don't like about Anakin's FX saber is that you can't remove the blade. Eventually the EL tube or whatever it is called goes out but the ones at http://www.buystarwarsstuff.com are removeable and you can buy new blades with different colors for like $79 here is the tech info you can compare the pros and cons but i think im going with this one....

-------Lightsaber Technicial Detail

Body: Laser-cut stainless steel outer housing.
    T-6061 Aircraft Grade Aluminum
    machined to close tolerances.
    Streamline Design

Blade: True 360° EL (electro-luminescent) lamp
    ¾" o.d. x ½" i.d. polycarbonite blade housing
    Electro-Luminescent / Indiglo™ Lamp
    40" Long blade (36" out of the saber hilt).
    Easily detachable.
    Strongly secured.
    Virtually unbreakable.
    Blades come in the following colors: green, blue, yellow, orange and a reddish pink.

Battery: One 9V Battery (Provided with Ignition Models) Extra Long Life!!
    Switch: Force Touch™ activation switch
    mounted to circuit board
    LED's: Strobing 10 LED bar-graph and blinking arrow indicators
    Warranty: 30-day warranty against manufacturer defects.
    5-day customer satisfaction warranty

Shipping: Each lightsaber is hand crafted and is
    made of the highest quality designs and
    technology. So to assure that quality for you,
    build & shipping time is 5-10 weeks.
    Please be patient, they are worth it!-----------

I am pretty sure that those are the ones that Jeff Parks of www.parksabers.com makes, I think buyswstuff is reselling for them. I think they look awesome and if ever I have enough to get one, I already have it in mind (plus an extra green blade).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by derek
    i don't think it's gonna be as fat as hasbro's saber, they just put out the disclaimer because those die hard prop collectors complain about accuracy way more than us toy geeks ever thought of.
    Yeah that's pretty much what I 'm thinking too. They just don't want the serious prop guys freaking out because that button is 5 millimeters in the wrong direction

Personally I won't be bothered if it's a little off, I just want one that looks realistic. One that you can't look at and immediately say "Oh that looks like a reproduced toy"
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?