Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thumbs up

Originally posted by jed
    This all depends on what you collect. As some people have stated earlier.

We have not mentioned variants yet. Would you say that some of these are much harder to come by?

Rarity all comes down to supply.

They are not all that hard to get as far as I can see - just expensive.
    All jed's points are valid.
    1) It always depends on what you're looking for.
    2) I personally do not look for too many variants. Small head Han or brown hair Lukes are legitimate differences. Gray/tan arm Klaatu or open/closed breath hole Tusken isn't. Just my opinion.
    3) Yup. Simple (simple? ) economics.
    4) That's my point. I'm not interested in paying over $300 for a SW figure, so my collection will remain "incomplete" for some figs.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Well, the only figure on this list that I have ever seen is a blue snaggletooth...my best friend actually has one.

My vots is for the RF Fett though
    People who whine about scalpers need to GET A LIFE.

Well Nikto on a POTF card is a hard find. I've only seen one in my life and thats in my older brothers fully complete POTF carded figure collection. I want one sooo sooo sooo bad.
    Please go post here http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10037 If you WANT A HERMI ODLE FIGURE!!

My Needs
    My Stuff Back( you know what i'm speaking on)
    Loose ctc stormtroopers
    sandtrooper blasters

hye can I ask you guys some thing? OK my friend is going to sell me a AT-AT from when TESB. (I think thats 198.... 1980 somthing) Any way hes going to sell it to me for $30, do you think I should get it? Its still in the box but the box isent in that good shape. Ley me know.
    -One
    Even though I changed my icon, I am still the same OneArmedJango.

Question A non sequitur?

Well, I don't know if an AT-AT is the rarest figure (please check the appropriate thread titles), but I'd say sure, go for it.

The red caped Bib is rare, no?
    You may know me as: Chuckles at joecustoms.com, Boshek at sirstevesguide.com and he-man.org and Eaglekiller at allspark.com.

Exclamation

There're a few figures that showed up in the photos on the card backs that I'm not sure were ever actually released that way:
    Red cloak Bib Fortuna
    Black cloak Squid Head
    Black outlined boots Hoth Han

So these might be kinda like missle-firing Fett, as protoypes.

The rarest production figures, hmmmm....

If you are going to state "production figure", then the Rocket Fett cannot be mentioned in the conversation. Neither can salesman samples, or toy fair displays. You must also think about foreign releases in the list. Even though, they were not released on US soil, they were still produced. I would consider the rarest production figures in this order:

Standard 3 3/4" (Carded or Loose)

Uzay Headman
    DT Ben Kenobi
    DT Darth Vader
    and Vlix

Variation 3 3/4" (Carded or Loose)

Black Cape Squid Head
    Vinyl Cape Jawa
    Blue Snaggletooth

12" Figures
    Lili Ledy figures (Loose or Boxed)
    Boba Fett in ESB box

This is all that I can think of for figures that a real challenge to find. The vinyl cape jawa can be found, but you also have to consider the number of fakes that are on the market. I am quite sure there were a few left out. Please comment as needed.

Jason

Uttini
    "THE JAWA BOUNTY HUNTER"

Wanted: Jawas, Jawas and more Jawas.....
    Hobbes089@att.net

Ahh, the great Rocket Firing Fett debate! 1) Fett's rocket firing missile launcher was never released because of the child who choked to death on a rocket-firing Battlestar Gallactica toy. 2) the info given by ToyFare about parents shooting Fett's missile into their kids' mouths so they could sue Kenner was a complete rumor and just the kind of shoddy, sloppy reporting I have come to expect from ToyFare. 2) the rocket-firing feature was pulled at the prototype stage, thus no saleman samples or production figures exist. Period.

If you have or know someone who claims to have a rocket-firing Fett then it is a fake. Plain and simple. If you know someone who claims to have bought one from the store then they are a liar. Plain and simple.

I wouldn't really consider Uzay figures to be legitimate SW figures. They were cheap knock-offs that were never authorized by Lucasfilm. Thus, IMO, they don't count as part of the Star Wars line.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Exclamation

Geez, bb, can you be any more ambiguous in your opinion? I mean, take a stand or something! By the way, 3 comes after 2, not another 2.

What about the Canadian "General Veers" AT-AT Commander figure? Would that fall under the Uzay category?