Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    variations and prototypes put aside, isn't the rarest vintage SW figure Vlix or Yak Face? What about the Blue snaggletooth?

forgive my ignorance, but who or what is an uzay figure?

is this like the weird "blue flame" stars war bootlegs i saw on sale at a convention?
    [font=courier]"looks like i could use some fabric softener"[/font]

Seek your know...

I am not as experienced a colelctor as many of you seem, so I need some clarification. You keep speaking of Double Telescoping sabers. How do these differ from regular sabers? How do you tell them apart, that is?

Exclamation

Uzay figures are from Turkey (??) and are the same sculpts with different colors and accessories, packaged under different names. I think. Most famous one is a Hoth Stormtrooper in blue with no mini-cape, right?

Double telescoping sabers have a second part that extends. The Vader/Luke/Kenobi figures had a slot in their arms with a handle to push the saber through it and out the hilt attached to the hand. However, I believe the DT ones have a very small and thin part of the blade that moves it a little further out. Am I right on this one, too?
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Originally posted by anarky
    forgive my ignorance, but who or what is an uzay figure?

is this like the weird "blue flame" stars war bootlegs i saw on sale at a convention?
    You'd be thinking of a Blue Stars. To answer your question of what is an Uzay figure:Uzays were bootlegs released in Turkey in the late 80's . The Uzay line consisted of 14 different figures and a few variations on both packaging and figures as well. The most highly recognised Uzay IS the Blue Stars. Which is a Snowtrooper molded in blue and with a blue backflap as well.
    The Rarest Uzay (and Rarest SW figure as well) Would be the Headman, which is an ERG with a chromed head. Only one carded example has been "proven" to exist. And less than a handfull of loose Headman figures have surfaced thru the years. Another true Rarity from the Uzay line is the Snowtrooper. There are only 2 known carded examples of this one.

For more info on Uzay figures feel free to check out :

http://www.toysrgus.com/images-speci/yglesias/uzay.html

Cheers
    Joseph
    "We Are Dark Jedi Knights in the service of Satan"-Vondur

Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos

What about the Canadian "General Veers" AT-AT Commander figure? Would that fall under the Uzay category?
    Nope, despite the overuse of the word Uzay by overzealous sellers on Ebay that use it to keyword spam anyone looking for Uzays or other bootlegs. The Kenner Canada Vacuform figures have nothing to do with Uzays, apart from both being interesting items to own. Uzay's were a line unto themselves, read my above post and check out the link to my Uzay section on SWCA.

Cheers
    Joseph

Originally posted by LusiferSam
    Boy that's a tough one. I would have to say that the rocket fire Boba Fett is the rarest. I'm very sure I have never an a real one for sale. As for the DT figures, I thought the DT Ben Kenobi was rarer then Vader. Again I'm sure I've never seen real ones of these for sale either.
    There are only 15+/- DT Ben's known to exist, while there are 25-30 known DT Vaders. (loose)
    You can see a complete series of DT figures on my website, including two DT Vaders, and a prototype DT saber. (one of only two known to exist.)

Bill
    Check out The Darth Vader Toy Museum @ www.sithtoys.com

thanks, joseph--for both the info and the laugh!

not at the collection itself, but the sheer absurdity of some of those cards--especially the t e pilots' ship and the death star gunner with calculator

blue star was definitely the one i saw a few years ago--i guess i just misremembered the name

i noticed some other pics on the card back (klaatu and b-wing pilot, i think)--do those exist
    [font=courier]"looks like i could use some fabric softener"[/font]

Originally posted by anarky
    thanks, joseph--for both the info and the laugh!

not at the collection itself, but the sheer absurdity of some of those cards--especially the t e pilots' ship and the death star gunner with calculator

blue star was definitely the one i saw a few years ago--i guess i just misremembered the name

i noticed some other pics on the card back (klaatu and b-wing pilot, i think)--do those exist

None of the other figures shown on the cardback were ever produced, nor was the X-Wing. There were no molds found for any of those figures either, so i doubt that they had gotten past the idea stage on them before having ceased production of the line all together.

The Imperial Gunner was the first Uzay figure I owned (and STILL my favorite) that calculator card is what immediatly drew me to the Uzay line. From that point on I knew I had to have the full set.

Cheers
    Joseph

12" tusken

if we are talking about any vintage figure we could also
    count the 12" vintage tusken rider who is one of the rarest
    figures around iand t was only produce in mexico, i dont now why not much people talk about it or add it to figure lists and catalogs