Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    I thought that it was determined that Bib Fortuna (Red Cape) was a bootleg figure (?)
    Urban Exploration - It's a rush!

Well, my uncle worked at kenner and one of my best friends worked at kenner. Both in the late 70's-early 80's. I have personally seen around a dozen Rocket Fetts and know of many more in collectors hands. Chris Georgoulias has attempted to keep a list of where all the legit ones are. It's pretty accurate, though it's tough to be 100% in that kind of endeavor.

There were two major finds of fetts, both in the teens in count and then there were others found here or there. I have been to Cincinnati on many occasions (I live in Ohio) and spoken to literally hundreds of former Kenner employees. The Rocket Fett that I own I picked up in person from a Kenner test engineer in Cincy.

That info out of Steve's book was right as far as anyone knew at the time. But that book is like 8 years old.

Cj

Originally posted by bigbarada

Anyways, if you dismiss all variations and card changes and rumored production samples or prototypes. Then dismiss all bootlegs and foreign carded standard figures, then I think the award goes to Yakface. He was never released in the US but was widely available in Europe and Canada. However, he still remains very rare to this day even for a figure with no variants and only two carded releases.

Oh yeah, I agree with BCJ, Vlix shouldn't count as a Star Wars figure.
    IF we were to dismiss ALL variations, ALL bootlegs (BLASPHEMY!!!), and all foriegn pieces, then the Yak would also have to go. After all it was never released in US. IF you were compairing the # of existing carded Yaks, to the # of existing carded Canadian wind up R2's I'd say you'd easilly have 20 to 50 Yaks to every one Canadian R2. Yaks really aren't "rare" . They're expensive but not rare.You'd even STILL have a 3 to one ratio if you compaired the #'s of POTF Yaks to POTF Anakins. If you're going by basic carded figures without accounting for cardback raritys or paint variations none of them are trully rare. ANYONE could easilly assemble a full set of US carded figures , providing they had the budget to cover it.

Here's a list of "some" of the TRUE rarities in production carded figures(bootlegs included!):

Uzay Headman (1 known to exist)

Canadian Vacuform card Han Hoth ( 1 authentic sealed known to exist) apx 20 reseals or just cardbacks known also

Uzay Snowtrooper (2 known to exist)

Uzay Chewbacca (close up photo) (I know of 2)

LL Burgandy caped Bib Fortuna... ( 2 known)

Carded DT Ben and Vader's ( less than 5 of each known)

Canadian Vacuform Ugnaught, Dengar, Luke Hoth ( all under 10 known)

Palitoy 12bk Luke ( under 20 known)

Canadian Vacuformed Gen Veers (under 20 known)

Glasslite Vlix (under 30 known)

12bk DT Luke ( under 30)

Canadian carded Wind Up R2's (under 50

"I" would have to put most carded Polish figs at under 30 known

ANY Toltoys 12bks are DEFINITLY under 100 ea in quantity existing

Canadian Vacuform R2 (under 100)

I'd put most Hungarian carded figs at about 100 known EXCEPT the Leia and Wickett.. those are easilly over 300 ea. And the Vader and Luke are both under 20 known

Uzay Blue Stars ( under 200)

Most other Uzay's would fit into the under 200 frame as well

Potf Anakin (less than 2000)

Droids Fett ( less than 2000)

12bk VC Jawa (less than 2000)

POTF Yak (less than 5000)

I could continue to post more obscure foreign pieces that are significantly rarer than a Yak Face , but I feel it would be overkill

Cheers
    Joseph
    "We Are Dark Jedi Knights in the service of Satan"-Vondur

Originally posted by cfawcett
    Well, my uncle worked at kenner and one of my best friends worked at kenner. Both in the late 70's-early 80's. I have personally seen around a dozen Rocket Fetts and know of many more in collectors hands. Chris Georgoulias has attempted to keep a list of where all the legit ones are. It's pretty accurate, though it's tough to be 100% in that kind of endeavor.

There were two major finds of fetts, both in the teens in count and then there were others found here or there. I have been to Cincinnati on many occasions (I live in Ohio) and spoken to literally hundreds of former Kenner employees. The Rocket Fett that I own I picked up in person from a Kenner test engineer in Cincy.

That info out of Steve's book was right as far as anyone knew at the time. But that book is like 8 years old.

Cj
    Cool, I can buy that. I was hoping that my post didn't come across like I was challenging your info.

Good points, Jyz1138, I guess I was being a little blind by declaring YakFace as the rarest. He is very clearly a foreign figure so must be considered as one. Although I still don't recognize bootlegs!

I have a question for anyone who might know, on the Meccano French SW cards there was a Blue Snaggletooth pictured as a regular release figure. So, are there any known Meccano carded Blue Snaggletooths out there?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Cool, I can buy that. I was hoping that my post didn't come across like I was challenging your info
    Not at all. There's a lot of misinformation in this hobby. It's always good to check sources.

{b}I have a question for anyone who might know, on the Meccano French SW cards there was a Blue Snaggletooth pictured as a regular release figure. So, are there any known Meccano carded Blue Snaggletooths out there? [/B]
    Nope. They never came taht way regardless of the picture.

Also, the ESB square carded Meccanos are *super* rare too. 1-2 of each known.

Cj

Cool, I can buy that. I was hoping that my post didn't come across like I was challenging your info.

Good points, Jyz1138, I guess I was being a little blind by declaring YakFace as the rarest. He is very clearly a foreign figure so must be considered as one. Although I still don't recognize bootlegs!

I have a question for anyone who might know, on the Meccano French SW cards there was a Blue Snaggletooth pictured as a regular release figure. So, are there any known Meccano carded Blue Snaggletooths out there?
    There have never been any carded blue Snags . Many foreign advertisments/cardbacks/catalogs were made as soon as posible, so many of them had early versions OR prototypes pictured . Another fine example of this are the early German catalogs which showed DSD, R5 etc in VERY different stages than they were released in.

Most of the Meccano ESB as well as large card 12bk Meccano's also belong at the top of the list for rarity. There are some that there are NO confirmed surviving examples of other than a cardback or 2 that have surfaced. As for not recognizing bootlegs as a valid part of the SW line, that just means one less person to outbid when bootlegs I need come up for sale.....

Cheers
    Joseph
    "We Are Dark Jedi Knights in the service of Satan"-Vondur