Special Edition Jabba concept sketches

Dug these up on the net and I tend to think that this would suit the added Jabba scene in ANH better than what we got. It would definitely eliminate the need for Han to step on Jabba's tail.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jabba_hover.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	1974  

I don't mind the idea of flying chairs like Yoda's in Episode II, but how the hell would that support Jabba's weight???

It would be cool to see something like that in it though.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

I think these are pre-SE artworks for ROTJ, yes?

In any event, it wouldn't help the ANH scene because if you have Jabba hovering, he won't be covering up that scottish actor anymore.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

They could just pretend that Scottish actor is one of Jabba's henchmen. There could be an entire novel dedicated to why he wasn't in ROTJ and we might even get an action figure of him.

The portion of SE Jabba showing on the lower left of the picture makes me think it belongs to the SE of ANH; but that is just supposition on my part. But the art style matches the concept work done for the SEs.