does best buy still price match?

i recall a few years back, best buy advertised that they would beat any advertised price. do they still do this?

the reason i ask is because i bought soldier of fortune 2 for the PC last thursday for $49 and in today's sunday paper they have it for $39 and circuit city has it for $34.

will best buy refund me the difference to match circuit city's price?

I don't know, but you can always do the old switcharoo. Which is go to Best Buy or Circuit City, buy another one for the lower price. And then later return it with the higher price receipt.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Derek: http://www.bestbuy.com/infoCenter/Po.../Payment.asp#5

In-Store Price Guarantee
    If, within 30 days (14 days for computers, monitors, printers and notebooks, camcorders, digital cameras and radar detectors) of your purchase from Best Buy, you find a local competitor offering a lower price on an available product of the same brand and model, we'll refund the difference plus another 10% of the difference. Bring us verification of the lower price, plus your original Best Buy receipt to claim your refund. Does not apply to special, bonus or free offers, and in California cellular phones and pagers. Does not apply to products with special financing offers. For complete price guarantee details, please see a customer service representative. We reserve the right to limit quantities. See store for complete details.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

thanks jeditricks!

i looked for this at their site but couldn't find it. i would of thought that since they are called "best buy" this would be at the top of their web page.

i wonder how much of a hassle the customer service person is gonna give me. on the commercial i saw a while back, the CS guy was so nice.

looks like best buy owes me $16.50!

If you're referring to the ad in the paper...Best Buy ALWAYS sells things cheaper on Sunday mornings.

Derek, it was indeed quite difficult to find that page, they certainly didn't make it obvious on the main page.

Good luck to you on getting that money back.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    10% of the difference... not 10% of the price.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

E.P.,

$49.99-$34.99=$15.00x10%=$1.50+$15.00=$16.50

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    oops. Didn't see the $49 drop to $39 bit. But the difference (from "their point of view") would only be between BB's $39 and CC's $34. I know. I used to work there.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

just got back from best buy and i got the full refund of $16.50 plus they refunded me $1.36 in the tax i paid. kewl!
    love getting tax money back. phooey on those school lunches.