Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does anybody else do this?

Save stuff from movie theaters when you see a really good movie? I kept my Spider-man Coke cup and I think I still have popcorn bags from The Phantom Menace and Sleepy Hollow. I also dumpster-dive behind video stores to try and get movie posters and other promotional stuff. For my birthday last year my friend's dad got me a massive Episode 1 store display with Anakin's face on it and Amidala, Maul and Qui-gon down the side.
    http://www.geocities.com/madscientist2787

I just usualy save the ticket stubs...
    Dooku Fett's Star Wars Site

“If you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. But I don’t have the time.”
    -Chris Farley from Tommy Boy

"She's gone from suck to blow."
    -Zanders from Spaceballs

Re: Does anybody else do this?

Originally posted by Brave Sir Robin
    Save stuff from movie theaters when you see a really good movie? I kept my Spider-man Coke cup and I think I still have popcorn bags from The Phantom Menace and Sleepy Hollow. I also dumpster-dive behind video stores to try and get movie posters and other promotional stuff. For my birthday last year my friend's dad got me a massive Episode 1 store display with Anakin's face on it and Amidala, Maul and Qui-gon down the side.
    I dumpster dive..but sometimes it gets messy..and smelly Most of the stuff I save from the movies is ticket stubs or maybe some promo item the ushers handed out.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

I just keep my ticket stubs. I still have the ticket stubs to my first showing of ROTJ, TPM and AOTC.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

I rarely keep ticket stubs, although I saved the one from Spider-man because I loved it so much. Perhaps I should keep saving them (If I enjoy the movie)
    http://www.geocities.com/madscientist2787

Arrow

I've still got some jumbo popcorn tubs from Aladdin or Toy Story or whatever. I save all my SW ticket stubs (from back as far as the Special Editions), but I seldom buy snacks at movies these days. I don't search the trash for stuff but I'll take things that people leave on the floor or seats after the movie's done (I always wait until the credits end).

For TPM, I noticed a Taco Bell was throwing away their display stuff (posters, hanging drink holders, etc.) so I asked if I could just take them. Now what am I going to do with a hanging drink holder...?
    "That's what Sheev said."

Just ticket stubs and maybe a promo book or two.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Ticket stubs from important calendar dates (like last night's SW 25th anniversary Ep 2 stub) and I still have a ton of junk from when I worked at a video store. I also have a really cool SW popcorn tub from the SE releases, but that's about it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I saved my ticket stubs from E1 and both of them from E2, definitely gotta keep those.

I'm trying to get the E2 promo stuff from Wal-Mart and I'm getting a press kit that's basically a video with interviews, trailers, etc., I think it might have a couple other things in it but I dunno.

I don't really collect the stuff, but if I figure if I can get my hands on it then why not? They'll be throwing it out anyways if someone doesn't claim it.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I only collect my movietickets (since there's something about mary, 9.12.1998)