Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Collector Series

If you collect the Collector Series / Action Collection / 12" figures, here's a few questions I'd like to ask you of;

1) Do you have the complete set (includes store exclusives)?
    2) Did you open them?
    3) Did you bother going for the variants (dark blue or light blue insert)?
    4) Which is your favorite figure?
    5) Which figure do you consider the best overall in terms of sculpt, paint job, accessories, etc?
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor
    ACPin Star Wars Webmaster

Re: Collector Series

I'm adding POTF2 Action Fleet, because there simply weren't enough Collectors Series figures for my tastes.

1) Do you have the complete set (includes store exclusives)? - No, I have only the ones I like, which is a lot
    2) Did you open them? - Absolutely, but they're back in their boxes due to space constraints
    3) Did you bother going for the variants (dark blue or light blue insert)? - No way!
    4) Which is your favorite figure? - Tough choice, in POTF2 I'd say Luke Bespin, but I added a new body to this set
    5) Which figure do you consider the best overall in terms of:
    sculpt - Luke Jedi
    paint job - anybody but those first Luke heads
    accessories - Wal-mart exclusive R2-D2 w/tools
    clothes - Luke X-wing Pilot
    accuracy - Leia as Boushh
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Question

JT, is it just you and me that's interested in the 12" line?
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor
    ACPin Star Wars Webmaster

1) Do you have the complete set (includes store exclusives)? - At one point I could have said yes. I stopped buying all of them when the resculpts started coming out, but i do have all the exclusives.

2) Did you open them? - Nope.

3) Did you bother going for the variants (dark blue or light blue insert)? - Yes, but I had the dark blue originally. I did chase the Snowtrooper with blue chest plates though. I got one of those.

4) Which is your favorite figure? - I think the Taun Taun is cool, as well as the Biker Scout.

5) Which figure do you consider the best overall in terms of:
    sculpt - Classic Ben
    paint job - Not sure?
    accessories - Wal-mart exclusive R2-D2 w/tools
    clothes - Admiral Ackbar
    accuracy - Biker Scout
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

1) Do you have the complete set (includes store exclusives)? Heck no.

2) Did you open them? Only ones that I have doubles of and get a hold of the easily.

3) Did you bother going for the variants (dark blue or light blue insert)?Sometimes.

4) Which is your favorite figure? Any Yoda figure.

5) Which figure do you consider the best overall in terms of sculpt, paint job, accessories, etc?

SCULPT- Snow Obi-Wan
    PAINT-There are several good paint jobs so I can't choose at this time.
    ACCESSORIES-Snow Obi-Wan

Yeah AC, just you, me, and evenflow.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

2) Did you open them?

The ones I like get opened.

4) Which is your favorite figure?

I like the Jawa,just so cool,Biker scout is impressive.

Thats all I can answer,As I only collect what I like in the 12" line
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

I will only use answers.(easier that way)

1)Not yet.(trying though)

2)No.

3)A few varients. Finding a blue panel Snowtrooper for $9.99 is my best find to date.

4)My favorite? I'd go with the Han Solo in Carbonite.

5)Sculpt- I'd go with Han Stormtrooper (1st)

Paint Job-Don't notice.

Accessories-Luke Jedi. The bone and the glow-in the-dark lightsaber are cool to me.

1)...eh, mostly. I don't have the original Ben Kenobi. I have several store exclusives..but not nearly all.

2) No. They look nice in the packaging. I did however, open up my favorite droid IG-88, who now has a lookout job on my TV in my room.

3) Nope. I'm sure had I, violence upon myself would ensue

4) Jar Jar Binks. Hasbro really did a nice job on this *slightly* annoying character

5) The Emperor. Can't go wrong with his wrinkly face and his..um...exciting cane using action
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

1) Do you have the complete set (includes store exclusives)? - No. Initially I was not going to buy the 12" figures at all, since I had all but IG-88 of the vintage line. Then Lando came out and a few others like Tarkin and Bib Fortuna. Now I have close to 30 of the POTF2/EI/POTJ 12" figures, but not nearly all of them. Some exclusives I could not pass up, others I have no use for, the same is true for Luke variants and such.

2) Did you open them? - Of course! Why collect thes great figures if you do not display them!

3) Did you bother going for the variants (dark blue or light blue insert)? - No. Why bother with variants, as most were packaging variations, if you are going to open them?

4) Which is your favorite figure? - That is a tough call. I think Lando has been terribly slighted. I sold one, boxed, a few years ago for $8.00 and could barely get that (at the time they were sill in the stores at $20-25). I called it the "Everybody Hates Lando Sale". I think it is one of the better figures of the line. Now it is a toss up between Bossk and the Couruscant Guard.

5a) Which figure do you consider the best overall in terms of sculpt? - Grand Moff Tarkin gets my vote. He has a great presence that so many others lack.

5b) paint job? - That is a tough one. I think Ponda Boba, Jar Jar, Captain Tarpals, and Boss Nass all have rich and meticulous paint jobs. Other favorites would be the Taun Taun and 4-LOM in that regard.

5c) accessories? - I would have to go with the Cantina Band. Great reproductions of their instruments.

A special nod should also go out to the Queen Amidala Portrait Editions (plus the one for Leia, not quite as nice, but still worthy of a nod). By far some of the most incredible figures to date from the standpoint of craftsmanship.
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.