Page 111 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1316
    The Avon Target and the West 38th St. Target both had the same 4 of the 6 Geonosis Arena sets last night. The two new Jedi, Mace Windu and Yoda. I grabbed the two new Jedi at 38th St. 38th St has been putting these out since Monday, but the others around her haven't. It was the first time I had seen the new Jedi there though.

Also, anyone wanting a remote control R2-X2 can still get one at the Avon Target. They have been peg-warming there for a few weeks now.

-Rat
    Rat: If you could have a conversation with one person, living or dead, who would it be?

Pig: The living one.
    Pig: You must think I'm really stupid.

The Geo sets haven't arrived at the Targets on my side of the river, but they've been found in Louisville.

A buddy sold me the droid that came with the WM Darth Maul Droid Factory set. Very nice.

Saw the ROTJ wave at my local club meeting and the comic shop Saturday night. Great wave. I love the detail on the B-wing pilot's uniform.

I think I may have mentioned in a previous post (too lazy to look it up) that I found the entire ROTJ wave at KMart at Pendleton Pike last week. I passed on about half the wave and the more I thought about it, the more I think I will actually pick up a couple more of those if I find the wave again elsewhere.

I saw the Target Geonosis 2-packs at 2 different Target stores this past week (116th street in Fishers and Nora). I was excited about these figures until I was actually holding the package in my hand in the store. I was less impressed when I saw the figs in person. Think I'll pass on these.

I think I've lost track of what's supposed the be coming out next.

Can someone on here help me recap the following:

(Build-A-Droid figures only)
    2009 - Wave 1 = (what figs were in the wave?)
    2009 - Wave 2 = ''
    2009 - Wave 3 = ''
    2009 - Wave 4 = ''
    2009 - Wave 5 = '' In which of these waves did the packaging switch?
    2009 - Wave 6 = ''
    2009 - Wave 7 = "
    2009 - Wave 8 = TPM Wave - Queen Amidala, Rum Slegg, etc.
    2009 - Wave 9 = ROTJ Wave? or is this supposed to be the AOTC wave?
    2009 - Wave 10 = Is there a wave 10 or is that 2010 wave 1?
    Are there any more 2009 waves?

What are the first few waves in 2010?

Quote Originally Posted by autumnsdescent View Post
    I saw the Target Geonosis 2-packs at 2 different Target stores this past week (116th street in Fishers and Nora). I was excited about these figures until I was actually holding the package in my hand in the store. I was less impressed when I saw the figs in person. Think I'll pass on these.
    Right now, I'm only interested in the two new Jedi figures. I might change my mind after I see the others in person.

Quote Originally Posted by autumnsdescent View Post
    Can someone on here help me recap the following:

(Build-A-Droid figures only)
    2009 - Wave 1 = (what figs were in the wave?)
    2009 - Wave 2 = ''
    2009 - Wave 3 = ''
    2009 - Wave 4 = ''
    2009 - Wave 5 = '' In which of these waves did the packaging switch?
    2009 - Wave 6 = ''
    2009 - Wave 7 = "
    2009 - Wave 8 = TPM Wave - Queen Amidala, Rum Slegg, etc.
    2009 - Wave 9 = ROTJ Wave? or is this supposed to be the AOTC wave?
    2009 - Wave 10 = Is there a wave 10 or is that 2010 wave 1?
    Are there any more 2009 waves?

What are the first few waves in 2010?
    The easiest way to keep track is at Rebelscum.com at the picture archive section. I go there at least every other day to reference something.

-Rat
    Rat: If you could have a conversation with one person, living or dead, who would it be?

ROTJ wave found at Target at 116th & I-69 this morning. Go get 'em.

Found some of the ROTJ wave at Kmart, but I wasn't going to pay $9 for 'em.

Last night at the Target in Plainfield they had the Legacy Biker Scout and Malakili.

This afternoon I was at the TRU on East Washington and they had the Legacy Biker Scout and Malakili. It was deja vu all over again.

I went to the ASH comics convention at 21st and Shadeland and even the guys who work at Wal-Mart weren't showing much of anything. One was bragging that he had had 2 Cad Banes for a little while. It is getting discouraging. The Hasbro Rep says buy them online if you can't find them, but it's the TPM wave I can't find and it's down to e-Bay to get them. I figured it up and if I get them there it's 60 bucks for 4 figures I need. I can't bring myself to do that.

And then they wonder why fans are going away.

-Rat

Sorry you're having a tough time of it, Rat.

I travel all over the North and East side of Indianapolis frequently for work. So every week, I pretty much hit

Target at 116th & I69
    Walmart at 96th & I69
    Toys R Us in Castleton
    Target in Castleton
    Target in Nora
    Walmart at Pendleton Pike & Sunnyside
    Target at Washington Square
    Toys R Us on East Washington
    Walmart at Washington & German Church
    Walmart & Target at 146th & US31

Occasionally, I'll make my way to
    Target at Southport & I65
    Target at West 38th Street
    Walmart at Lafayette Road
    Toys R Us in Greenwood

By hitting the first list of stores about once a week, I have managed to find every wave in its entirety several times (including TPM wave 4 times). Having to travel for work and being able to build stops in might be the advantage though.

It didn't used to be as easy to find things though. I definitely think the collector base falling off in spending the last 18 months has made things way more easy to find for me.

I typically wear a suit for work and if I encounter a store where the figures are just a mess or look like they haven't been touched in a couple weeks, I'll speak to a store associate about it. I'll tell them I'm a scout for this website, which reports to the manufacturer. I educate them on the differences between the 3 lines (Saga Legends, Legacy, & Clone Wars) mainly by telling them about the color stripe at the top of the cards and why some figures move better than others. For example, I spoke to two employees stocking the toy area at the 116th street Target last week. There were zero Build-A-Droid (Legacy) figures out and I hadn't seen any there in quite some time. I asked the guys if they were stocking the Legacy collection. They said they didn't know there were different lines. So I explained how the Saga Legends is all repacks and, while kid-friendly, tend to clog pegs; the CW line is all the new animated figures; and the Legacy collection is all new figs with Build-A-Droid parts in them. I told them the Legacy collection will sell quickest when stocked. They thanked me for the info and said they would tell the department manager about the 3 lines and see if it makes a difference. Two days later, I returned and the lines were split into their groups on the pegs and the ROTJ wave was out. Now not every store takes the advice. But it sometimes helps to befriend the employees and educate them (asking them, "would you like to move more product?") if they aren't collectors themselves.

I know I'm rambling on...Hope that helps, man.

-A-

Autumnsdescent are you in sales where you have to wear a suit everyday? Wow you hit a lot of stores a week. I would think you will be able to find the new stuff out at the various stores when you hit that many a week. Maybe you should work for Hasbro. Sounds like they could use your help.