Page 12 of 132 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Re: Indiana Just Found

Saw new stuff just about everywhere I went today:

Wal-Mart: Picked up OTC Spirit Obi-Wan x2, C-3PO, Stormtrooper, Wicket, Jawas, and Snowtrooper. Passed on Greedo, Vader #10, Fett - poor paint apps or card cond.

K-Mart: Spotted OTC Bespin wave, but the Leias and Lobots had crummy paint apps.

TRU: Actually had some basic OTC figures, mainly Dagobah wave.

KB: Spotted five Ephant Mons! That's at least eight I've seen in less than a month in this store.

TRU has both the first & second wave of VOTC except for Yoda.

I sacrificed an hour's worth of sleep and went to WM last night for the exclusive trilogy three-pack figure sets. They are nice!

I didn't go at midnight but the news said there was a line of people waiting at Wal-Mart for the DVD release. I hit stores this morning instead:

Wal-Mart had plenty of the ESB and ROTJ DVD commemorative sets but no ANH left. I passed since I can't really justify buying re-released figures just for the packaging.

Sam's Club had several their exclusive Millennium Falcons with crew.

TRU had new basic OTC basic; 2 figs for $7. I picked up Vader #10, 2 Cloud Car Pilots, Lobot, TIE Pilot, Tusken Raider, Jawas, Snowtrooper, Lando Skiff Guard, Slave Leia, AT-ST Han, General Lando. Didn't see Madine. TRU also had Galactic Heroes wave 2.

Didn't even buy the DVD!

Finally saw the new wave of Unleashed at TRU. No new OTC figs sinced I cleaned them out Tuesday. I was hoping to get more before their 2 for $7 sale ends.

The newest Unleashed wave were at my local Target yesterday. I plan to pick up Aayla; still don't know about Bossk, although he looked better in person. It's just such a silly pose. And still debating about the tusken, too.

I did find the OTC Dagobah Luke variation at Target (standing on hands). I picked that up.

The OTC figures are plentiful, but you have to go to different stores to find the latest ones. I have seen Jawas and Tusken raiders in the last week. The Bespin wave is pretty plentiful, too.

The second Empire VOTC and ROJ VOTC are hitting down here, too, but I keep missing them.

Terre Haute -

Super Wal-Mart is clogged with the first wave of VOTC. I'm afraid they won't put new VOTC out for a long time since there's no room.

Super K-Mart has the Galactic Heroes ESB wave with the bounty hunters. I picked up 4-LOM & Bossk, Fett & Dengar, and IG-88 & Zuckuss.

Suncoast has been getting in Star Wars too, both LEGO and Hasbro product. Spotted 12" figures there today - Ben Kenobi, Jawas, and Garindin. I wonder if they'll get the Biker Scout and Yoda.

12" at Suncoast? That's different. In the past, I've only seen them carry 3 3/4 figs, the deluxe packs and more of the novelty items (Applause stuff).

I think the 12" Yoda/biker scout wave is ancient history. If it shows up anywhere, it will be a fluke. But it could happen.

The local Meijer still has the 12" Jedi Luke sitting on the shelves.

I do have to get a couple of the Galactic Heroes sets for my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150
    12" at Suncoast? That's different. In the past, I've only seen them carry 3 3/4 figs, the deluxe packs and more of the novelty items (Applause stuff).
    Yeah, I think the licensees are trying to put as much product in stores to take advantage of the DVD release marketing hype. I thought it was weird to see the new LEGO Falcon at Suncoast.

On to today's finds:

Terre Haute-

Super Wal-Mart had OTC on the pegs but the cards were in the worse shape I've ever seen at retail. Not only were most bubbles crushed, but the cards were crushed vertically too. Looked like they went through the trash compactor Still, I grabbed some figs with decent cards: 2 Bespin Leias, another Cloud Car Pilot, and a Gamorrean Guard someone had stashed on the top shelf.

Also spotted the new OTC Monopoly game at WM. It retails for about $30. Looks cool, but I passed since I'd probably never play it.

TRU - Freshly stocked pegs of VOTC! I bought 2 Boba Fett, 2 Chewbacca, 2 R2, and 2 Stormtrooper. I also picked up another Vader and Lando. I have one complete set of VOTC now and am a Yoda & 3PO shy of another set. I left 2 Fetts and 2 Stormtroopers on the pegs. I was tempted to buy the other two Stormtroopers, but it's just too expensive to army build with the VOTC. Ended up blowing $105 in TRU as it was

Suncoast got in a couple of cases of OTC vehicles (TIE & X-Wing) and a case of the 12" VOTC with the gray Fett. I opened the cases myself. Haven't seen this much Star Wars stuff in there in a long time.