Page 121 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1316
    I went to the Clarksville TRU this morning. One of the collectors I ran into last Saturday was there, too. We went to the toy aisle, and nada. I made a comment that why was some stores getting multiple cases and this store not.

I was following the guy out when I noticed someone buying figures at the customer service counter. It was the entire wave of EU figures. The guy called the store the previous day and they held them for him! Just one case again.

I glanced at the figures real quick. To be honest, I wasn't that impressed. Jason's head sculpt looked like one of the Narnia figures from about two years ago, and any of us customizers could've done a better job on the alien Bespin guard's head.

K'kruk, on the other hand, looked great.

The clerk I spoke with said you could call and ask for something like this to be held for one business day.

I stopped by the NA WM and found CW Commander Bly. The CW figures are finally hitting in large numbers. And best yet: $4.50 a figure at WM right now!!!

Yesterday (Friday 05/07/10), I stopped in the Castleton TRU and found remnants of the EU wave (ROTJ Luke, R2, Chewie).

Then I went down to the East Washington Street TRU and found the entire EU wave except the Dark Trooper and the Space Trooper. They seemed to have more of the alien bespin guard than anything else. Looked like 4 or 5 cases had been put out. There were 2 sets of the Jacen & Jaina left on the pegs, along with K'Kruk, Shaak Ti and so on.

Today (Saturday), I went back to TRU Castleton and found a lone K'Kruk and about 8 or 9 Chewie's and R2's, which indicates they must have also put out a couple additional cases of the wave in the last 24 hours.

So my advice to those still seeking is to keep at it. Check the TRU's every day if you have to.

Happy Hunting!

Hit ToysRUs Castleton ealier today and clerk was putting out three cases of EU wave!! Keep checking they have more in the back he said.

The only problem with checking every day as Autumn suggests is that I am on the west side, which means the closest TRU is about 20 miles away. After two or three runs with no luck, the internet looks a lot better. You know, it is a bit of a good problem to have though. Three TRU's to choose from. The Bloomington guys have to trek all the way to Greenwood.

I may go out tomorrow. This just feels soooooo pointless.
    Rat: If you could have a conversation with one person, living or dead, who would it be?

Pig: The living one.
    Pig: You must think I'm really stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by darth maul rat View Post
    The only problem with checking every day as Autumn suggests is that I am on the west side, which means the closest TRU is about 20 miles away. After two or three runs with no luck, the internet looks a lot better. You know, it is a bit of a good problem to have though. Three TRU's to choose from. The Bloomington guys have to trek all the way to Greenwood.

I may go out tomorrow. This just feels soooooo pointless.
    The way I got my hands on this wave was having a fellow collector who had more time to scout than me pick it up for me and I paid him (and he only charged me what he purchased the figures for). Perhaps another collector on this forum might do the same for you? I am a little strapped for cash at the moment otherwise I would volunteer to do it myself...

Quote Originally Posted by autumnsdescent View Post
    The way I got my hands on this wave was having a fellow collector who had more time to scout than me pick it up for me and I paid him (and he only charged me what he purchased the figures for). Perhaps another collector on this forum might do the same for you? I am a little strapped for cash at the moment otherwise I would volunteer to do it myself...
    Yeah, I have considered doing that, but a lot of people these days are strapped for cash, so I wasn't sure about putting extra hardship on others.

I was going to reply on Sunday but it wouldn't let me log in.

I hit all three TRU's on Sunday and found K'kruk, the Wing Guard and Captain Rex. 75 miles of driving and a couple of hours. Oh well.

I was actually wondering about something. It was combining what Autumndescent wanted to do and what happened to OC. Since TRU already lets people call up and put things on hold, would they let one collector put things on hold so that another collector could come pick them up? Just curious.

El Rato.
    Rat: If you could have a conversation with one person, living or dead, who would it be?

Pig: The living one.
    Pig: You must think I'm really stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by darth maul rat View Post
    I was actually wondering about something. It was combining what Autumndescent wanted to do and what happened to OC. Since TRU already lets people call up and put things on hold, would they let one collector put things on hold so that another collector could come pick them up? Just curious.

El Rato.
    I don't see why not. Just give them the name it's being held under. It's worth a try.

Found the alien Bespin wing guard hanging on the pegs this afternoon. He was the only one.

Two of my Qui-Gon and eopies arrived today.

Found the CW Aayla Secura figure, but the rest of the CW wave eludes me.

The Target Red 5 X-wing has reappeared at Target.

Have had no luck tracking down the TRU wave lately. Called a couple of times but no luck.