Page 21 of 132 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

Re: Indiana Just Found

Still haven't seen the Titanium vehicles. But I keep checking in the Hot Wheels section.

The Titanium line isn't on the new mod so Wal-Mart employees don't really know what to do with them. I saw them initially in the Hot Wheels aisle at a Wal-Mart near Indy but the local WM put them with the figures.

I have an early morning (7:30 a.m.) meeting today, so I got up a little earlier than usual and hit Meijer on the way into work, hoping to find the sneak preview figures. A lot of 'on order' stickers and one lone OTC Dago Luke greeted me at 6:58 a.m.

I'll check WM on the way home tonight.

I went to three Wal-Marts in three cities in two states and didn't find one Sneak Preview figure. Very disappointing.

I did grab a LOTR Shelob and Moria Orc Archer at one Wal-Mart though. So the trip wasn't a total loss.

I stopped by the WM by my house last night on the off-chance that the figures would show up early. No such luck. They did have the biggest selection of CW figures I'd seen in one place.

The price on the clearanced Legos hasn't changed, either.

I checked the Wal-Mart in Brazil and the Super Wal-Mart in Greencastle (which is right next door to a friggin' WM distribution center) today but didn't see any ROTS figures.

The Greencastle Wal-Mart has the Titanium vehicles. These run $4.97 and were in the Hot Wheels aisle.

In a bit of serendipitous luck I did find a SAGA '03 Luke Throne Room Duel which I still needed from that line. I also scored another SAGA Snowtrooper; both figs were $2. Now all I need is a Coleman Trebor and I'll be set for the '03 stuff. Went ahead and bought the LOTR Trivial Pursuit for $8 too. Saw quite a few Hasbro Falcons for $35 and lots of ANH VOTC for $5.

LEGO clearance prices were actually higher than I've seen back home. Still need to pick up the Cantina set and I'd like to get a couple more Dagobah X-Wings.

Hit Wal-Mart, K-Mart, TRU, and Suncoast but didn't see any ROTS stuff. Guess they'll put it out whenever they get it. The employees I talked to either don't know or don't care.

K-Mart had more Animated figs but they jacked up the price from 6.49 to 6.99.

TRU has been putting out more VOTC lately. I saw two Stormtroopers on the pegs today but the line is still regular price.

I'm taking tomorrow off from work so I'll try and hit a few stores in the area. Most of the WMs in my area are dry of ROTS figures.

My folks went to the Smokies for the weekend, so they're going to check a couple of stores for me down there. I gave Mom pix of the ROTS figures just so she'd know what I'm talking about.

Terre Haute -

Found the Preview figures at TRU today; $6.99 each. They had plenty of Astromechs and Tions but only three Grievous and five Wookies. I went ahead and picked up a set but will return them as soon as Wal-Mart gets them in. Looks like WM will be getting all of my SW business this year.

The packaging is much smaller than I expected. The bubble has a slimmer profile and covers most of the card so these should take up less storage space than the SAGA style cards.

Suncoast got in two cases of LOTR figures. Some of the figures have electronic bases - Aragorn, Legolas, and Orc Armor Sam. Also spotted Stoor Smeagol, Denethor, Orc Captain, Orc with webbed Frodo, and Minas Tirith Citadel Guard. I only bought the Legolas; I'm trying to stick to the main characters or ones I really like.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

I found all except the Wookie at the Clarksville WM on Saturday. Target and Kmart had all four but I wasn't willing to pay $7. I will use the Meijer ad and price-match somewhere this week for the Wookie and maybe extras.

I did a quick run at the flea market on Friday (I took the day off from work). One vendor had the ROTS figures, and he was asking $10 - $12 each. No way was I going to pay that!

And the folks didn't find any ROTS in Tennessee either. The WM down there was going through a remodeling.