Page 28 of 132 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast

Re: Indiana Just Found

Workers were putting up a tent in the Wal-Mart parking lot today. My WM is on the Midnight Madness list (Terre Haute, IN) so the tent must be for their "48 Hours of the Force" Celebration.

I've never went to MM before but I think I will go Friday night since the WM here is putting on the big soiree. I'm not planning on buying much but I do want to get the Early Bird Package. I love repro-vintage stuff.

No Target locally so I'll won't be getting their exclusive. Not that I'd pay $13 for a 4" figure anyway.

TRU either pulled all the Episode III LEGO off the shelves or they sold out. I don't think TRU here is having Midnight Madness.

I did see a cool lawn sprinkler at TRU though. It was a the "TIKI-SOKI" water volcano - a big Tiki-head that spurts water out the top. Much cooler than the Vader sprinker!

I did a little scouting last night. The WMs by me aren't doing the tent sales. The closest one is 20 minutes away but I don't think I'm going to go.

WM and Target hasn't even made shelf space for the new stuff yet. That might change.

TRU -- WOW. While the C'ville store isn't doing MM (only one in my area is and it's a 20-minute drive) they were getting ready. They let me look and touch but I couldn't buy. That was good enough for me! Saw plenty of clones and Obi-Wans, Anakins, etc...

Supposedly TRU is getting the holo Yoda on Saturday, so I'll buy that for $10.

My plan right now is to go to Target about 6:30 and get the ticket for the lava Vader, hit WM and Meijer and then go back to Target. If my WMs have the early bird kits Saturday morning, I may get them. I haven't decided yet.

I have a Meijer circular in hand for the Indianapolis area with ROTS product available at midnight.

The 12" has an advertised price of $16.88 each which seems like a good deal to me.

Basic figs are $5.88 and the "action assortment" (figures with alternate accessories) are $8.88 each.
    Last edited by Ji'dai; 04-01-2005 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Should've attended that grammar rodeo...

wow- Midnight madness at the WM in Fishers was crazy. 12:00 rolled around, and nothing was put out. The people had no idea what they were doing, and eventually they just rolled out a crapload of boxes with ROTS stuff inside. There was about 2 people who actually worked there opening the boxes, so they told us we could open them. That was a big mistake.

We went through those boxes in about 15 minutes- well, until they had to bring the cop back into the toy department to get us to stop. On our way out of the store though, they annouced that they had early bird kits in the photolab, so I rushed back and got 2- I was preety happy with the timing on that .

Got 2 Target exclusives this morning-preety cool figure

I went to MM at Wal-Mart but it was a bust - I didn't buy anything. Too many people crammed in the aisle made it hard to look at stuff anyway.

So I go to the WM Tent sale at 8 AM. Lots of cardboard displays and standees. They had people offering product samples of the SW food promos. The neatest thing was the LEGO/M&Ms table where they had a build-a-mosaic of a SW M&M guy. I only bought two Early Bird kits.

Stopped by TRU at 9:30 opening. Was handed a TRU holo Yoda as I walked in - $9.99. I bought Grievous (x2), GG Bodyguard (x2) a Tarful, and a 12" Grievous.

Hit various Wal-Marts in Paris, IL, Clinton, IN, Brazil, IN, and Greencastle, IN. Only bought red Royal Guard (x2) and blue Royal Guard (x2). The red one is somewhat more scarce than the blue in this area.

Didn't see any figures above #32. Would've bought a Mothma and Padme but the paint jobs I saw were bad.

All in all, the ROTS release was pretty underwhelming. Not that many "new" figures released so I wasn't that excited about anything. Some of the resculpts (like Kit Fisto) aren't even as good as the SAGA/CW versions. Hopefully #33-up will hit soon.

It was a good day and a good haul for me. My buddy and I met up at 6:15 a.m. and went to Target. There was no one there with tickets so we went to WM. I picked up just a few figures and went back to Target and waited.

This particular Target was clueless about the ticket system. I ended up with two Lava Vaders and the clone cup set.

No holo Yoda at our TRU, but I did pick up the 12" Grevious and the Yoda buddy.

At one WM I bought the carrying case, and at the WM tent sale I bought the Early Bird Kit and one of the Micro Machine-style vehicles, the A-wing. First time I'd seen the ships.

Total, I bought four basic figures (Grevious, Grev's bodyguard, clone trooper and Padme). I'll pick up a couple of more this week.

Did the WM tent sale you went to hand out free promo Attaix (sp) figures? They had 2 boxes of them opened at midnight madness, and i ended up grabbing nearly one of each kind, seeing as how most others were trying to find a Red Royal Gaurd figure out of all the boxes.
    [font=Fixedsys][]V[][/font][font=Fixedsys]oul[]V[]an[/font]

http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=18202513

I got two of em at the tent sale. These things are cooler than i thought. My stepson loves em and wants em, so I guess I will buy some soon.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Does a punch cup of M&Ms count for anything?

The blue and red guards are some of the harder ones to find. My buddy found one blue guard at TRU.

Padme was kinda elusive, too. I picked her up.

, those mm's were preety hard considering it was like 40 degrees outside the tent . I wish I woulda known that the blue guards were also kinda rare, they had like 15 at MM at WM.

Owell-gonna call TRU to see if they got any more holo yodas in like they said they would. Kinda was a toss-up between the early bird kit and the holo yoda.
    [font=Fixedsys][]V[][/font][font=Fixedsys]oul[]V[]an[/font]

http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=18202513