Page 52 of 132 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast
    TRU had the Hoth wave in but I only bought an AT-AT Driver. I was hoping to find the Carkoon or Geo waves at KM or WM and price match but those stores' basic figure pegs are empty. Stores are fullly stocked with battle packs and those abominable Transformers though.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

I've encountered two situations in the last two weeks: pegs full of Carkoon or Hoth figures, or empty pegs.

With the exception of TRU and KB, Clarksville has been dry lately. The Clarksville Target was good to me in November and December but it hasn't showed me much love lately.

I'm leaving work early today (the boss is off) and hitting a few stores I hadn't visited in a while. Have the TRU ad in the car!

You might check Suncoast if you're looking for the Previews Exclusive Bounty Hunter 7-figure set. It's got all the ESB bounty hunters and Vader in a long window box for $35. It looks pretty cool, but I've got all those figures already. My Suncoast is also running a BOGO 50% off sale on all SW stuff this week.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

I've seen that set at Suncoast. And I passed for the same reasons you did.

I did buy a Han Hoth Bust-up at Suncoast and low and behold, it was the crystal one.

Overall, it was a good collecting weekend.

I found two AT-AT drivers and one snowtrooper at the Clarksville TRU on Friday. I can finally open the AT-ATs. Read great reviews about them.

I found the Geo Yoda and 3PO at the NA Target on Saturday. I have to research a little more but it looks like a slightly different sculpt on Yoda, and he looks great! One of the best, if not the best, Yoda that's been released. The sculpted cape, the grimace on his face. Wow!

I left behind a Geo Jango Fett. Don't know if I'll get him, since he's a repack.

I have a friend looking for the Utap clone and Scorch for me.

The Geonosis wave is hitting locally; I saw 'em all except for Jango. TRU had one Scorch. He's pretty neat looking but I put him back since I'm not paying $7 for a fig. A little boy with his mom ended up getting him since he couldn't find a Grievous.

TRU also had a few ROTS 2-packs with blue Special Ops Clones paired with Tarkins and Ask Aaks, among others.

The new Titaniums are hitting too. I saw the Ultra Snowspeeder along with Slave I as well as the newest 3" waves. Lots of prequel vehicles in these so I'll be passing on nearly all. I wanted to get a Battle-damaged Falcon but didn't care for the paint jobs on any that I saw. Also spotted a couple of the silver 3" Slave I's with "Hunt for the Bounty 2006" stickers on them or something to that effect. These silver & gold chase vehicles do nothing for me.

Spencers Gifts has MR FX lightsabers; $120. Similar to the displays that appeared at Game Stop stores last fall.

Nothing new to report. I see the remains of the Geo wave at the stores. Poggle and Sun Fac are always left behind. A friend told me Sun Fac isn't scheduled to ship with future cases, so I might have to pick up a few.

Did see the majority of the new Titanium wave. The silver Slave 1 was already gone; I did manage to snag another CW gunship for a friend.

I'm stopping at TRU this afternoon, just to see.

BTW, have the Targets made price-adjustments on basic figures in your area? Some of the Louisville stores have, figures are $5.89 or something like that, but the SI stores are still at $6.99.

I dunno about Target, don't have any locally.

I did go ahead and buy a Titanium Death Star, Imp Shuttle, and three AT-ATs. The Death Star was a surprise since I wasn't aware that the northern hemisphere turns so that the color under the super turbolaser can either be black or green. The AT-AT is really nice, I'd recommend getting at least one. The snow base is a nice addition. Too bad Hasbro didn't sculpt in a tiny crashed snowspeeder on it.

I almost bought the AT-AT this weekend when I saw it but didn't. I will definitely get one next time.

The Clarksville TRU finally got the mega packs in. I bought one with Kit Fitso and Aayla. No 501st troopies in sight.

WM has raised basic figure prices to $6.63. Maybe it will create more pegwarmers that will eventually find their way into clearance aisles. I might collect more of this line if I can get them for five bucks or less.

Picked up a Titanium BR Falcon since I didn't get the ship back when series one was released. Also bought another AT-AT, so I've got four of 'em marching across a shelf