Page 67 of 132 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast
    Welcome back, Darth Maul Rat.

I hope the shopping situation improves for you guys in Indy.

The Louisville/southern Indiana area is a scalpers paradise. If you don't get an item when it first hits, you either have to wait until the next shipment or miss out. And I've missed out, too.

Thanks for the welcome, OC. As I found out today, one of the best things about collecting is the people that you meet doing so.

I set out on Saturday morning to test my theory that Target was waiting for the Spider-Man 3 figures to reset their figure aisle. Off I went at 8 in the morning, and was sorely disappointed. Nothing but empty pegs. Oh well.

On the brighter side, I met another collecter, a nice lady by the name of Anne. After a few minutes of talking we found out we knew some of the same people. And as always, it is just plain fun to get to meet other collectors, especially when you are not trying to beat them to a figure.

As to my previous post, sometimes it feels like those of us in Indy are whining when we talk about not being able to find things, given the abundance of options we have here. But while discussing it with other collectors, there seems to all agree that things seem to happen later here than just about everywhere else. Or it could just be my Obsessive Compulsive tendencies...
    Rat: If you could have a conversation with one person, living or dead, who would it be?

Pig: The living one.
    Pig: You must think I'm really stupid.

It's surprising that you go 30 miles in any direction outside of Louisville and you don't have a problem finding stuff.

I did find the TAC airborne trooper over the weekend. The TAC are hitting Targets, mostly, and I saw them at three of the six stores I visited.

I specifically went out looking for Ilum and Feluccia battle packs on clearance. Saw a couple of Ilum on clearance for $13.94 but the Feluccia sets are long gone.

Here in Indy it has been Targets that have had them as well. The TRU's on the other side of town have had them, as well as the K-Mart, but on the westside, there has been nothing at K-Mart.

I made it back to the Avon Target tonight and they had the Lava Miner, the McQuarrie trooper, the Galactic Marine, and the Airborne trooper. So things are looking up.

I may hit a few other places before the weekend, depending on my schedule.
    Rat: If you could have a conversation with one person, living or dead, who would it be?

Still haven't seen the McQuarrie figure, but I've seen all the others.

Spotted TAC wave 1 (sans Airborne Trooper) at Wal-Mart today for the first time. Also saw several Saleucami battle packs at the same store.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Still several felucia and Illum battle packs on sale for 13.98 at the Target by my house. I am waiting for them to get clearanced again. There were a TON of the Saleucmi battle packs at the Southport Walmart (so many I see these also ending up in the clearance aisle eventually). I picked up one at regular price and maybe some more when they go on sale. After the initial first rush all I am seeing are Obi-Wans and R2s as pegwarmers for the 30AC.

The TAC wave, minus the stormie, Galactic Marine and airborne trooper, were easy to find at most of the major stores in my area over the weekend.

Saw Saesee Tiin's starfighter for the first time. I liked the color scheme.

No Saleucmi packs at my WMs.

Things were pretty much the same here on the Westside. I saw lots of R2's and Obi-Wans at the Wal-Mart in Avon and the Targets in Plainfield and Avon. The WM in Plainfield did not have any 30th stuff out yet except they were the only one of the two I went to that had the Treachery battle packs out. I would guess that they had about a dozen on the shelf, and a couple of those were damaged, pretty badly.

Right now, I am bummed about the Celebration figures. Anybody going to LA?

-dmr

Quote Originally Posted by darth maul rat View Post

Right now, I am bummed about the Celebration figures. Anybody going to LA?

-dmr

I'm sending a shopping list and $$$ with friends.