Page 69 of 132 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast
    Late-night runs are fun. Haven't done one myself in about two years. I have better luck early Saturday mornings.

Found two TAC Biggs' figures on the pegs at the Clarksville Target at 6:30 p.m. last night! Boy, that made my day!!

I left behind a ceremonial guard.

The speeder bike two-packs are plentiful at the Clarksville WM. Still haven't hit the NA WM, as of this weekend. They've been available in Louisville for about three weeks. Distribution is funny, isn't it?

Finally a hit! Stopped by my southside target and scored a concept Boba and Stormtrooper.Cards were definitely less than perfect. Passed on Luke, Han, Death Star Trooper. Didn't see any honor guards or Biggs. Also looked like they totally restocked all the order 66 2packs if anyone needs some.

Darth Maul Rat, don't know anything about the comic show. whats the info?

The DS trooper is great, Plokoon. I highly recommend picking up a few for openers. A great improvement over the previous DS trooper.

Well, I stopped by my favorite Target (Avon) and they had restocked the first wave but that was all that was on the pegs. Which is not to say they did not have more, but I didn't see them at 8:30 tonight. Oh well.

I was in OC's neck of the woods last Friday, but did not get a chance to look for toys. I had to go to Louisville to pick up a cooler and to Lawrenceburg Ky to drop off a safe. Life is so much fun.

The convention I mentioned, Plokoon, is held pretty much every two months by ASH comics (Andy Holzman) at 21st and Shadeland at the Holiday Inn. He's been doing it for about 20 years now. It depends on how things go as to what you find there. Most of the shows tend to be comic heavy, but a friend of mine sets up there and he is a Wal-Mart Stocker so some times you can get some good things there. There are always a lot of guys there with Marvel Legends. You can usually find tons of variants in that respect.

Andy had some problems with the last show as it happened the same weekend in February that we had that bad ice storm, and the roof leaked and the power kept going in and out, so he had to cancel at the last minute. So he is trying to make sure everyone is happy this time, so he is only charging two bucks to get in. Which if you get on his e-mail list is all it ever costs. It usually runs from 10 to 4 on Sunday, so if you get the chance you might come out.

I have known Andy for 20 years, so if you do go, tell him Jim sent you and he will know who you mean. It probably won't get you anything extra, but at least he will know I am out here pulling for him.

And maybe we will run into each other.

Found TAC wave 2 at TRU this afternoon. I only bought the McQ Fett and a Rebel Honor Guard; passed on the others.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Hey, Ji'Dai, where are you located? Are you in Indy too? Just curious.

-dmr

I'm near Terre Haute. I hit three WMs in neighboring small towns in IL and IN Saturday but didn't see anything other than the same old pegwarmers.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Saw the Bantha set today at G'wood TRU, looked pretty nice but passed. This would be great for a diorama. They still had some AT-ATs and Luke's X-Wing. They only had pegwarmers from wave 1 of the 30ac. Other than that nothing new to report.

I picked up the lava miner over the weekend. Hadn't seen it in a while and thought I better pick it up.

At my local SW meeting, one of the guys brought the Sith Infiltrator and bathna set to show off. The Infiltrator looks good. It's still hit or miss in the stores.

I'm gonna pass on the bantha. I have the previous version and it looks a whole heck of a lot better.

Wal-Marts have been a bust for me the last two weeks. Usually just TSC leftovers and TAC R2s and Obi-Wans. I'm not sure if they've actually gotten in wave 2 yet.

TRU restocked, but with the last TSC wave. I did see the new Galactic Heroes there yesterday, except for the Royal Guard pack.

Picked up three 1:18 Ultimate Soldier X-D WWII figures at WM Thursday, my first. I got Pvt. Kennett, German Infantry, and two Afrika Korps troopers: Pvt. Dieffenbach and Cpt. Newhaus. I thought about using them with my vintage Kenner Indiana Jones figures, but they are quarter-inch taller. Nice sculpting and lots of accessories for $5 each.