Page 79 of 132 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129 ... LastLast
    Wow, sounds like you made the rounds, Ji'dai!

I hosted my SW club's monthly meeting this weekend. It was a good time. I got my SW Christmas tree up last weekend for them.

Between getting ready for the meeting and helping do Thanksgiving baskets for church, my toy looking was pretty limited this weekend.

A couple of club members have already bought the Target exclusive Hoth and Endor sets. Heard they're worth the money. I'm asking for one for Christmas.

The wave containing the destroyer droid with bubble was found at my local WM.

A friend did pick up the red battle droid two-pack for me.

Now just waiting for the Black Friday sales!!!

I saw quite a few Treachery on Saleucami battle packs at Wal-Mart this evening. The one with the two BARC speeders with Neyo and another Clone, runs about 20 bucks.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

K-Mart had the new tin sets this morning. Opened the case on the pallet but didn't bother to take any out.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Picked up two VSTC snowtroopers, Bossk and IG-88 at the KB sale this morning.

Wednesday night, I had one of the WM exclusive lightsabers in my hands but wasn't allowed to purchase it. Went back this morning, before 6 a.m., and they were all gone. A little ticked off. Figured if I fussed Wednesday night I could've got it, but it's the store I frequent the most.

Saw the battle for Coruscant battle pack at Target but nothing else. No ARC-170 battle pack or vehicle.

Found the A-wing pilot, Anakin Ghost, & R2 with net at WM at 146th street on Wednesday afternoon.

Found Anakin (tatoo'd clone wars), 3PO/Salacious, & Yoda w/ Kubrik at WM at 96th and I-69 a week ago.

Still looking for Revan, Malak, Grevious, & Starkiller from wave 5.

Anyone on the South side of the city finding anything?

-A-

Stayed home Black Friday, but made the rounds in Terre Haute this morning.

Both Wal-Marts had the new comic packs, but I didn't like the paint jobs on the Fel & Hobbie sets. After seeing Kofi & Bultar in person I decided not to get that one. Was never interested in the Anakin/Assassin Droid pack.

K-Mart has a BOGO sale on all SW, but I thought it was funny that the only figures left were Vaders and Clones. A lot of them.

Kohls was the biggest surprise today. They had freshly stocked pegs of Wave 5 and 6, on "sale" for $6.99. Did see a few McSnowtroopers but no Starkillers. I think I've got my fill of McSnowtroopers - ended up with 12 of them all told.

The only thing I bought today was the LEGO System Star Destroyer and a Vikings set (for 1/2 price) at TRU.

Came across lots of Wave 8 at TRU around noon. I picked up 4 McQuarrie Rebel Troopers, a Fireside Padme, and a UGH McQuarrie Chewie. I'm not interested in the Clones or shielded Destroyer Droid. Voolvif Monn looked pretty cool but I didn't get him. Might pick him up later if I see one at WM.

According to my records, this is the first time since April 19th that I've seen new stuff at TRU before seeing it at Wal-Mart first! (I found a McQuarrie Boba Fett at TRU on that date, a little over a week before finding another at WM).

Still no sign of 7.5.

Really? I've seen the Saga Legends stuff first at TRU before WM.

Too much new stuff hitting the stores right now.

Yep, the TRU here tends to run behind WM in stocking the latest waves. I guess I don't pay much attention to the Legends figures since they are all repacks, and not as exciting as the new stuff in the regular line.

Things are actually winding down for me as there are many figures I don't want from waves 7.5 and 8. It's not like waves 4-7, where I was buying nearly every figure. I'm not interested in the battlepacks, multipacks, or vehicles; and now that I have the McQuarrie Rebel Trooper and Fireside Padme, it's a bit of a relief that I'm pretty much finished with collecting Hasbro SW for the year.

I wonder if any 2008 figures will hit before January/February. If basic figure prices go up significantly next year I doubt I'll continue collecting.

I'm still looking for most of the basic figures, waves 6 - 8. Day late, dollar short. That seems to be my story.

I'm not a completist, so I've passed over most of the Legends figures, just picking up the ones I'm interested in. I figure some of the stores will clearance them out after Christmas, so I can get some army builders or custom fodder at that time.

The WM exclusive 2-packs interest me the most right now. I need to get a few of the older packs; some of them are on my Christmas list.

I want to see the Target ARC-170 crew battle pack in person before I decide on buying one. I have a couple of loose CW pilots. Again, Target has a habit of clearancing these sets out just before Christmas, so I might wait.