Page 81 of 132 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131 ... LastLast
    Anyone in the Indianapolis area see the Indiana Jones LEGO sets at any of the TRUs yet?

---

I checked the toy aisles at WM this afternoon after picking up the Simpsons Movie, but the pegs are thinning out with Legends remaining. They have an absolute ton of Galactic Heroes 2-packs out, practically taking over other the toy sections. I even found more of these things out in the garden center. Also sighted several pallets of SW Transformers. Ugh.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Castleton Toys Rus put out 48, yes, 48 cases of Legends today. Are you freakin kidding!

Spotted the GH Cantina sets at WM this evening. You can put the two halves together to make a circle and form a Cantina playset. Very cute, but I don't collect the line.

Haven't seen any new figures lately. The WMs here have gotten in a ****load of GH packs instead.

Shelves and pegs everywhere are thinning out. Kind of depressing really. I know there'll probably be a mini-drought the first part of next year as stores downsize their toy sections. I've been spoiled since Labor Day; this Fall I've been able to go to stores to find either freshly stocked pegs or new waves hitting every 2-3 weeks.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Called TRU this morning to check if the LEGO Indiana Jones set were in and finally got an affirmative after holding for about 20 minutes. So I drove down and they had 3 of the four sets in. I got the Motorcycle Chase, Well of Souls, and Peru Temple Escape.

Also spotted the new '08 SW sets, except for the Imperial Dropship. I debated getting the Force Unleashed Rogue Shadow, but put it back. I like the looks of that one.

One of my holiday traditions is, the Sunday before Christmas, to go out and look for bargains. Most of the stores start clearancing now or shortly before, and I've picked up exclusive SW items at decent prices.

Boy, nothing was marked down.

I did see two Target exclusive ARC-170s at a Target that's about 30 minutes away. Other than that and the half-shield destroyer droid which I bought, nothing. Nada.

I also saw the WM Max Rebo bands and the GH Heroes cantina sets. The band packs are nice, but they'll get marked down. I can wait.

One WM I visited had 13 Saga 3POs and 5 preggie Padmes on the pegs. Another WM had the Saga clone engineer, too.

Lot of bare pegs and some Targets have already relocated the SW/action figure areas.

I was hoping to pick up a couple of the round SW ornaments from Target, but they were all gone.

Merry Christmas to my fellow Hoosier SW collectors!! I hope Santa brings what's on your list.

I made the rounds this morning but only spotted a lone Voolvif Mon at Kmart amid a bunch of Clones. Kohls had most of wave 5, except for Revan. I found a Yoda/Kybuck near housewares so Revan may have been in there somewhere. Sorely tempted to get the Starkiller, but she was still $8.99 on sale.

I rarely see clearance sales before Christmas here. I don't know what they'd be clearancing anyway, unless they have more stuff in the back that they haven't put out yet.

Have a great holiday everyone!

Had to make a late-night run to WM for cake mix and frosting for mom. I found the hawkbat clone trooper and Rebel trooper with cannon. They made for a nice early Christmas present.

Spotted the Force Unleashed lightsabers at one of the WMs here. Stores either have nothing at all or pegwarmers. Neither WM or KM has started their reset.

Popped into Radio Shack to check on the Master Replicas SW mini-lightsaber laser pointers and flashlights and found several Maul and one Vader laser pointer. They are on sale for $4.99. I thought about getting the Vader laser pointer, but then thought, when would I ever use it?

Saw the new Evolutions sets and the Mighty Muggs at three different stores today. I liked the packaging on the Evolutions sets, better than the previous versions.

I might have to get the Han and Fett Muggs, if I have the extra money.

The pegs are still pretty bare around here.

Did see the new Force Unleashed lightsabers at the Clarksville WM. They were pretty cool. I might have to get the nephew one for his birthday this summer.

I did notice the comic 2-packs were in abundance at one of the local Targets but the price increased by $2, too. They're $11.99.

Meijer also raised the price on basic figures, too, to $7.29.