Page 91 of 132 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
    Yeah, well....

I took my wife and daughter to the McDonalds in Plainfield since my son went off to Scout Camp today, and after my daughter got through playing in the Kid's area, we decided to go back to the Wal-Mart for snacks.

As I went down the main aisle of toy area I saw they were getting ready to stock overnight, and there on the edge of the pallet was the Droid Factory box. I hate to just rip into things like that, so I found a guy in the sporting goods area and asked if he knew when they would stock them. He said probably not until later, but then asked what I was looking at.

We went back down there and I showed him and he said. aw what the heck. All they could do was yell if he opened it. He ripped the box open and said get what you want, and headed back to the sporting good area.

I did so and checked to make sure they were in the computer and five minutes later I was the proud owner of the Droid Factory figures.

Word of warning to anyone looking: Unless they get more of them, there was only one case waiting to be stocked which was only 12 figures. They may not be too plentiful around here.

-dmr
    Rat: If you could have a conversation with one person, living or dead, who would it be?

Pig: The living one.
    Pig: You must think I'm really stupid.

Fisher Walmart had one case of Last Crusade wave last night. Figures looked really good.

In all the Droid furor, I forgot about that. They also had five of the six Crusade figures as well. They had Indy, the General, the Knight, Ilsa and Young Indy. I had already gotten the Knight earlier from a friend, and for now I left the others there. If they had had Connery, I probably would have had to grab it along with the droids. Hopefully the Crusade figures will have the legs that the others have had, because I will probably get those a bit at a time, especially after what I spent this weekend.

-dmr
    Rat: If you could have a conversation with one person, living or dead, who would it be?

Pig: The living one.
    Pig: You must think I'm really stupid.

Tonight Fishers Walmart had 3 display boxes droid factory. They also had 9 filler cases with 12 each. So so figs. One box was open. Not sure if she put them out or not. Not a real exciting line for me.

Spotted the new comic packs at WM (Anakin/Dooku, Wookie/Clone, Lando/Stormtrooper) as well as all the Droid Factory sets. The DF sets look really nice but don't really interest me. Same story with the comic packs.

I was looking for Indiana Jones Last Crusade figures and found Indy, Young Indy, Elsa, and Vogel at WM. Missed out on Henry and the Grail Knight.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

I was checking the list of TRUs participating in the Clone Wars Midnight Madness events and the one here in Terre Haute will be open. I might go just to see what's what. Two of the TRUs in Indy will be open too. I know they closed the one on 38th Street, but I think the east location on Washington is still there.

FT. WAYNE 4122 Lima Road , Fort Wayne, IN 46805 IN
    CASTLETON 8250 Castleton Corner, Indianapolis, IN 46250 IN
    GREENWOOD 1650 E. County Line Rd., Indianapolis, IN 46227 IN
    TERRE HAUTE 50 W. Honeycreek Pkwy., Terre Haute, IN 47802 IN
    SOUTH BEND 6011 N. Grape St., Mishawaka, IN 46545 IN
    HOBART 2020 E. Lincoln Highway, Merrillville, IN 46410 IN

Kentucky:
    FLORENCE 7960 Connector Dr., Florence, KY 41042 KY
    ST. MATTHEWS 4900 Shelbyville, Rd., St. Mathews, KY 40207 KY
    LEXINGTON 3220 Nicholsville Rd., Lexington, KY 40503 KY

No New Albany or Louisville, KY TRUs on the list. Looks like OC is out of luck this time around.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai View Post
    No New Albany or Louisville, KY TRUs on the list. Looks like OC is out of luck this time around.
    The St. Matthews addy is the big Louisville TRU. I stopped in the other day and they have signage up.

And the droid factory and comic 2-packs have hit the Clarksville WM. Not impressed with the comic sets. I might pass on them. The paint job on the Dooku figure was really sub-par, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post
    The St. Matthews addy is the big Louisville TRU. I stopped in the other day and they have signage up.
    Awesome! I got a TRU sales flyer in the mail today that had a $10 off a $50 purchase coupon. Good through 7/26!

The Droid Factory sets at WM looked to be unmolested over the July fourth Holiday weekend. I was looking over their endcap today and the sets were either untouched or had just been restocked. Maybe nobody wants 'em.

I've overbooked myself for MM. If I go out, I'll go to WM.

I have to give Hasbro credit for trying something different with the droid factory sets. The 3PO figure is cool. But I think these might've gone over better either earlier in the year or at Christmas time.

I'll at least pick up the Vader set for the new droid.

Legacy vehicles and Galactic Heroes were at Fishers tonight. Stock dude said did not have room to stock them. I am sure if they did they would not ring up. They had street date on them. I mean I guess this is exciting news. Only two new vehicles in the assortment I saw. Torrent starfighter and the Homing Spider droid. yippee skippee.