Page 8 of 132 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    Terre Haute -

Picked up R1-G4, Luke Skywalker (Jabba's Palace), and R2 (Jabba's Sail Barge) today at Wal-Mart. They also had R-3PO and Hoth Trooper. I really like the R1 unit, but hey, it's Classic Trilogy AND previously unproduced. Both promising attributes in a line that is fast becoming nothing but rehashed crap.

A planogram I found in the aisle only showed three or four pegs for Star Wars figures. They are wedged in between the new LOTR:ROTK and McFarlane sports figures. Although this is a Super WM, it seems like a small space allocation for SW stuff.

Dollar Tree stores here also have LEGO Star Wars mini-figure packs for fifty cents. So far I've only seen 3343, which has three Battle Droids.

Hit several Wal-Marts and Targets in the Avon, Plainfield, and Indianapolis area yesterday.

Picked up the following SAGA figures:
    2 Lando (Jabba's Sail Barge)
    1 Rappertunie (Jabba's Palace)
    2 Luke (Holographic)
    1 General Jan Dodonna
    1 Gold Leader
    1 Captain Antilles
    1 Ultra Jabba the Hutt
    1 Ultra Jabba's Court Denizens

Didn't see J'Quille, Tanus Spijek, or the re-released TIE Fighter Pilot

Animated Series:
    Anakin
    Clone Trooper
    Count Dooku
    Durge
    Mace Windu
    Obi-Wan
    Yoda (saw only three all day)

Some Targets looked like they had recently stocked but others were bare. I was able to get two of each of the above. The only one I didn't see was Asajj Ventress. She must be short-packed or in higher demand among collectors. I like this line but 6.99 per fig is too expensive.

Terre Haute:

Save for a lone Dodonna, Super Wal-Mart has four empty pegs for SW figures. Been like this every time I go in there.

Super K-Mart had the Battle of Yavin & Jabba's Palace wave so I picked up another Rappertunie and finally found a Tanus Spijek. J'Quille still eludes me.
    Passed on the TIE Fighter pilot again, he seems small. What's going on with these new figures? They're like miniature versions of previous ones.

TRU had plenty of Ultra figs

Suncoast had same figs as KM, but 6.99 is too steep

Re: Indiana Just Found

The Suncoasts in my area clearanced out the 3 3/4 figures. I picked up an extra Lama Su for opening for less than $4.

New Star Wars figures generally sell out at most retailers here. The only ones I've seen on clearance have been AOTC Saga (over-produced, apparently) and some Clone Wars figures.

Today I hit TRU but they didn't have anything I wanted so I didn't get the Silver Clone Trooper. They did have the Jango and Obi-Wan Kamino duel Ultra sets, but I passed on them. Plenty of the other Ultra sets.

I also passed on the Spider droid at TRU when I saw it last week. Those were gone now.

I bought my first figures since Christmas at TRU two weeks ago.

I've had better luck at Kmart and buying from fellow collectors than any place else!

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150
    I bought my first figures since Christmas at TRU two weeks ago.
    I've had better luck at Kmart and buying from fellow collectors than any place else!
    Usually KM is a bust for me, but recently they've gotten in new waves. Prices are higher than WM though.

Today's sightings (Terre Haute):

Super Wal-Mart: nothing again.

Super K-Mart: Hoth wave this week, but those are dwindling fast.

TRU had four of the new X-Wing with pilot, $29.99, but I passed. A TRU employee was putting Silver Clone Troopers out on display at the registers. I asked if they would sell a couple outright, but he said they were probably for the freebie promotion only.

Suncoast has the Yavin wave, but those are gathering dust due to the price.

Spencers got in Hellboy figures so I grabbed a Hellboy Trenchcoat with Corpse (Closed Mouth & Open Hand) and a Sammael for $15 each. Suncoast had them for $10, but they're sold out. Great movie, great-looking figures

KB has the Saga scene packs (Geonosian War Room / Jedi Council) for $7.99. This blows since I paid over $20 each for them at TRU. Maybe KB will sell the TRU multi-packs on close-out. Probably not.

Found Bossk, Dengar, and 2 Ozzels at K-Mart, of all places.

TRU has the Pit of Carkoon four pack.

WM seems to be getting the HOF releases. Too bad Hasbro doesn't repack the HTF figures like Ephant Mon.

Terre Haute -

Picked up doubles at Wal-Mart today - Dengar, Bossk, Tanus Spijek, Gold Leader, and Antilles. Passed on the Dodonnas, crappy paint apps.

It was nice to see anything besides HOF figures for a change.