Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Death Star

Death Star

(I dont think this has been covered..I searched through all three pages)

Am I the only one who thinks the Death Star will be operational in E3?We hear at the end of EpII that they are working on it,and the Republic must not find out.

It would be logical,IMHO.If one thinks back to ANH,Ben recongizes that the Death Star isnt a moon,its a space station.Obi could have seen it in the prequels and not told anyone,fearing that he could be killed before Luke starts down the Jedi Path.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

Re: Death Star

Originally posted by InsaneJediGirl
    (I dont think this has been covered..I searched through all three pages)

Am I the only one who thinks the Death Star will be operational in E3?We hear at the end of EpII that they are working on it,and the Republic must not find out.

It would be logical,IMHO.If one thinks back to ANH,Ben recongizes that the Death Star isnt a moon,its a space station.Obi could have seen it in the prequels and not told anyone,fearing that he could be killed before Luke starts down the Jedi Path.
    I doubt it, since the first firing of the Death Star, and the first evidance of it's existance are supposed to be in ANH. As the destruction of Alderaan and the Death Star Plans. We may see an ominous image in E3 though, perhaps of the starting of construction. I don't see it as being operational or in use in E3 though. I think the only reason that Obi-Wan knows it's not a moon, is because he sensed human life on it. Yet no animal or plant life.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

If there's going to be any Death Star in eIII its either going to be a vey skeletal foundation of the station, or some sort of mini prototype that may or may not have a functioning laser.

I'd like to see it as a skeletal sort of structure, like about 1/5th completed or something. I'm pretty sure it won't be built on Geonosis though. Think about it, the "republic" (if you can still call it that) will be constantly watching know seperatist planets, like Geonosis. It might even be conquerred by then. I think it will be built somewhere else by the "sepratists" and then just secreted into the Empiree once it is formed without the Imperial senators knowing anything about it. Remember, the senate still exists up until after the start of ANH, so they must have some residual power at least, if only nominal.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

wasn't the death star constructed in the Maw system near Kessel. Maybe we'll finally get to see Kessel!

I'd like to see some of it constructed that would be groovy!
    Plus maybe Obi did see it in E3 and maybe thats how he knew what it would have been. It's no moon. That's right obi somehow knows.
    And Kessel, yeah I like the idea of that.
    And how about this, C3po and R2 actually have to work in the mines that C3PO dreaded in E4. Wouldnt that be Ironic and funny.

I don't think we'll see it in EP3, except as a conceptual design like we did in EP2. The 20 years in between EP3 and EP4 is about right for that kind of undertaking. It would take years to go from a hologram concept to detailed design, and then years to get through construction. It took 4 years to get the 2nd one partially built, and that was with the learning curve advantage.

Besides, I don't think the forces at work have enough people to man a Death Star. Takes more than a couple of Sith and some Geonosians to operate something like that. You would need Imperial troops, and they don't exist yet.

Not to mention that there won't be any suppliers right now willing to contribute to a separatist super weapon. Too risky. Palpatine will have to be firmly entrenched as Emperor before construction can start.

I think that they will be testing and still working on the death star because it wasn't until ANH that the death star was fully operational.

My thought on the death star being operational is this--although the first shot is supposedly seen in ANH with Alderaan being blown to smitherieens, what's the possibility that it's possibly used once before to test...possibly on Naboo since there's no mention of it in the classic trilogy...just a thought...

welcome Mike Windu,enjoy.
    This might sound a little strange but here goes.I don't want to see the death Star in ep3.But at the same time they opened the can of worms in AOTC.I don't see how it can't be shown on some level in Ep 3.
    It would definately take at least twenty years to build the first one.I also tend to believe that the second one in orbit of endor had been under construction for more than four or so years.Some kind of skelital form would be O.K. but just barely enough to make it recognizable.Just my ideas on the matter.
    Bye to all.thanks for some good times.