Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Caught in a prison of wire

After recently taking a day or two (exaggeration) to free my crashed snowspeeder from it's box, I got to wondering which toys have been the most difficult to open. I'm all for stopping shoplifting, but wow! The amount of wire and the knots they tie everything up in is getting out of hand.

Oww, yes the Crashed Snowspeeder was the worst vehicle I ever opened for twistie ties and plastic peices. The ones around the Luke figure even cut up my thumb, cause they were so hard to undo. Definatly gets the award for the hardest vehicle to open.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I think the POTJ Theed Amidala was ankered down by a clear rubber band. Getting HD Ani out was also a major pain, as was Dooku's green lightsaber. Are those crossing parts over the lightsaber really that important? It causes bending in the blade when taking it out and they don't really bend back into place very easily.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Um, can you say AT-ST with ploopy and speeder-bike? It took about twenty minutes to sort it out! I got a skiff at the same time and it was almost impossible to cut the straps across the decking - I ended up scratching the paint off in one place!
    Look - I'm Princess Leia!

Originally posted by LTBasker
    I think the POTJ Theed Amidala was ankered down by a clear rubber band. Getting HD Ani out was also a major pain, as was Dooku's green lightsaber. Are those crossing parts over the lightsaber really that important? It causes bending in the blade when taking it out and they don't really bend back into place very easily.
    I had the same problem with Dooku,I finally gave up and used a box cutter to hack the bubble to pieces.I think the AT-AT(POTF2) was a pain to get out.They must have had 10 bands on each "leg".
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

Yes! I see I have found like-minded people, I'm so sick of how many twisty-ties and through-the-bubble packaging gimmicks Hasbro has been using of late! What's the point of a bubble tray when you have to destroy the figure just to get it out?!?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I dunno why they insist on us destroying the bubble, but I know I like to keep by bubbles intact though so if I ever need to store my figures it's a sure way to not loose them and if the package gets damaged but keeps the figure safe then oh well, it was already damaged from opening it. (I keep one side of the bubble attached to the card so it's still secure on there and I just fold the bubble over. )
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

So before they started doing this, were there just empty boxes of toys on shelves because of people ripping the toys out of the package and making off with them? Where do you stick a stolen toy spaceship when you're trying to smuggle it out of a store? The entire reason for these ties is ludicrous.

Originally posted by Fulit
    So before they started doing this, were there just empty boxes of toys on shelves because of people ripping the toys out of the package and making off with them? Where do you stick a stolen toy spaceship when you're trying to smuggle it out of a store? The entire reason for these ties is ludicrous.

Not that I've ever done it, but conceivably a loser could empty out a product from a bigger/cheaper item elsewhere in the store and put in his own ill-gotten goods, then go buy it at the cheaper price. Of course, there is actually winter in the rest of the country so big coats are always a problem for retailers no matter what they sell.

Yeah, I accidentally cut into 25th Anniversary Chewie while releasing him from his packaging the other day, trying to cut those godawful "floor tentacles" that are wrapped around his and Han's legs. Man I was really P.O.ed that I put a big knick in the figure.

Good traders/sellers: pthfnder89, jjreason, bobafett07728, TK421, Lord Tenebrous, DahrJin, baby 01, Lman316, jonboy, swfreaker