Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Should people be hesitant to buy up certain "RARE" figures right now???

here's a question

Should all these people that are buying up Chancellor Palpatines, Orn Frees' , Luminara, and Dookus for $10-$15 just be patient? I think they should because who knows if hasbro will stuff the next assortments with these figues. Remember what happened with Maul orginally. Thankfully i have all of these i got and opened for my loose collection

billy

Patience would be a great recommendation for many of these eBayers. Even the loose bids are getting out of hand.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1734080673

I mean, why buy 1 now, when you can probably buy 2-3 for the same price a few weeks later?
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

$10 for a loose figure?!?! That's crazy!!
    Dooku Fett's Star Wars Site

“If you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. But I don’t have the time.”
    -Chris Farley from Tommy Boy

"She's gone from suck to blow."
    -Zanders from Spaceballs

Yeah, be patient. I saw a couple dookus at my TRU. And those were the rare ones in the beginning. It will all be available at some point.

I learned my lesson after I plunked down $7.99 for a couple of Ep1 Jedi Duel Darth Mauls back in 99.' Little did I know TRU couldn't even give these babies away for $1.97 later on. I think showing fiscal restraint when it comes to snatching up these figures is a good idea.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

I'm not even going to go into what I paid for a monkey face Leia on an orange card in early 96. Let's just say I learned an important lesson later when I eventually came across her on a peg. If you check stores regularly you should find what you need. If not, you at least know after a few months that the extra you are paying on ebay really is for a rare figure.

case in point- Dooku and Luminara are all over the place here.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

It depends on what you're buying really. My friend Kurt bought a bloody Luke besbin variation at Celebration II, then he found Luke besbin regular for 5.99. He was bummed but he still can't find the bloody version so he doesn't feel so bad. If variations are important to you then it might be worth it, otherwise, just wait and you'll probably see them. Just don't go months without going back to the stores you usually go to.

Well, I have to admit I was going to resist to temptation and buy the newer figures that I couldn't find in the stores over here online (mainly the Bespin wave), but I found four of the new figs at a local Walmart, so I was very happy indeed.

When looking for figures, go to stores you usually don't venture to and you may have incredible luck as I did.
    Padme wants some Jedi Juice!

Jonna
    The thing is that while the movie is still out there is going to be a higher demand for the figures that have already been released. Therefor, the stores are going to order many more cases (supply and demand) of these figures. The only time I would say "Grab them while you can" is when the movie fades from most peoples memories (like children and the next thing that comes along) and the stores sell less and order less. Just remember how difficult it was to get some of the POTJ figures at the tail end of the run.

So as far as the figures that are out now (barring variations such as Luke's bloody hand), I would suggest waiting and they are sure to pop up at your local store.