Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Scene Change in store for "Attack of the Clones"?

I just read that, from a recent TFN spy report, a scene in AOTC has been changed. It involved a high speed chase that ended with one of the vehicles crashing into a tall building. Apparently the shot mirrored the events from last week and this is why the scene is being changed. Has anyone else heard or read of such a change anywhere else on the web?

I think that this is a sensitive subject and I applaud ILM for doing their best to mind these sorts of things (if indeed this spy report is accurate!).

What a way to ring in my 250th posting!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

In light of the horrible acts that have shocked this country, it is wise to change the scene. There must be a hundred thousand ways that ILM could spin the crash it to something better.
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

I'm a bit skeptic about this scene. I don't know for sure if there was an actual scene where there was a ship crashing into a building or not. If it is true I still don't think they should've changed it. They most likely had this effect scene done before this event happened in the US so I don't think they should have change it. They didn't know this was going to happen.

The events of last Tuesday have been etched into everyone's minds forever. It's best not to remind people of such horrible events when they want to escape reality for a couple of hours.

I think Lucasfilm made the right call. If indeed this is true.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

That's exactly what it would remind people of, had they left it in. I think it's wise to remove that sort of thing from any immediatley upcoming projects. I wonder, though, how long it will be before Hollywood resumes that sort of thing, or even if they ever will. Do you think this will permanently change what is shown in our movies and on our T.V.'s? Or will they just do this for awhile, and gradually ease back into the same old stuff we were seeing before?
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

Very interesting to hear,hopefully it will be on the Episode 2,Attack Of The Clones DVD that will get
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

As I understood it from all the spy reports, the crash happens on ground level near the nightclub. It's bounty hunter Zam Wessels ship that crashes and this is after a skyhigh chase through Coruscant. Allegedly..............

The only other thing I could see it being is the Assasin droid that attacks Padme in her apartment which sparks off the chase in the first place. Allegedly......

While I agree that at the moment feelings are running so high it really is the most tactful and respectful thing to do and alter films to show some restraint in the blood gore and death they all seem to glory in these days. I don't think every film from now on in should be altered because of this tragedy. Nor do I think that the loss of the WTC should mean all references to it should be deleted digitally from existing films unless they show something that only serves as a tactless reminder of the events, such as terrorist attack or something crashing into them. My feeling is that leaving the WTC visible is a testimony to what a potent symbol it was to the world. I actually think that leaving it visible honours those who worked and died there more. If it is deleted from films it serves to diminish their existence on this planet and reduce them to nothing more than statistics.
    Shout me down if you want to. I'm only sharing my thoughts the same as all of you.

I agree that the removal of WTC references from films is reaching ridiculously epidemic proportions...I am sorry to say that I never was able to visit them, but don't tell me I can never LOOK at them again...

What stinks is that they are removing them for the "sake of continuity". What the hell is THAT all about??? The films in which they are removing the buildings are science-fiction or fantasy films. There's no REAL continuity to anything in the real world to start with, so what is the big deal???

Leave them where they are and it will stay in our hearts and minds forever.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Alderaan Online is reporting that Leeana Walsman, Zam Wessel, has been called in for pick-ups (new shots), so this would seem to support this idea.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis