Hybrid View

Thumbs up ESB Topps (1980's)

Who doesnt remember this incredible series...?? The red, blue and yellow series that is!

I completed the blue and the yellow, but i missed the red ones, which by the way were the best of the three. I have some red cards and in the begining of the cards there is a section called Star File, where u can see Han, Luke Darth, Boba, etc.. pretty cool!! Anyone remembers these series??
    As always...........L

Thumbs up

Something about the lime green-yellow border cards always made them my favorite, but the ESB series were the best of the vintage Topps line. It's the captions that made 'em great:

"Pardon me, sir, but oh!"
    "Escape from icy peril"
    "Examining Luke's tauntaun"
    "Artoo peeking through"
    "His day of triumph"
    Etc.
    Etc.
    "That's what Sheev said."

I do!!

I have a few cards from all three series. Luckily, the Ralph McQuarrie art cards survived and I now have them in plastic sleeves. I'm not sure what series they belonged to.

Thumbs up

Depending of the color and the number of the card, red color is series 1, blue color is series 2 and yellow is series 3.
    As always...........L

Lightbulb

And in case people aren't sure, the red and blue border cards are actually a dull silver, with red or blue trim. The yellow ones have some green trim, I think.

I always thought the McQuarrie art cards were weird; I didn't realize they were based on his production paintings, but I thought they were "interpretations" of how ESB could be. I was an odd child...
    "That's what Sheev said."

I'm trying to get some of these cards from eBay, but man is it time consuming!
    The auction I just won contains a 3 card lot of the yellow bordered cards. Yes, I said THREE !
    Price? 30 cents, meh I'll drop a dime per card.
    I'm getting
    "Lord Vader's Orders"
    "Emerging from the Pit"
    "Vader's Private Chamber"
    Yes, all 3 of them!

Hehehehe, at this rate, it will take a long long
    looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong
    time to near a set!

Bel-Cam, the SW series had some great titles too! Right now I am thinking of the card with Leia watching the computer during the battle of Yavin, with the title
    "Who will win the final Star War?"

Try to get the stickers also (series 1 were yellow with red, series 2 were blue with black and series 3 were green with blue) They all came in letters...2 letters in 1 card. I also remember that some stickers of the 2nd series were no letters...it was a big sticker with a picture of a SW character.
    As always...........L

Originally posted by Caesar
    I'm trying to get some of these cards from eBay, but man is it time consuming!
    The auction I just won contains a 3 card lot of the yellow bordered cards. Yes, I said THREE !
    Price? 30 cents, meh I'll drop a dime per card.
    I'm getting
    "Lord Vader's Orders"
    "Emerging from the Pit"
    "Vader's Private Chamber"
    Yes, all 3 of them!

Hehehehe, at this rate, it will take a long long
    looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong
    time to near a set!

Bel-Cam, the SW series had some great titles too! Right now I am thinking of the card with Leia watching the computer during the battle of Yavin, with the title
    "Who will win the final Star War?"
    Caesar, what cards are you looking for from the Yellow (Green Trim) series ? I have some doubles.

Heres my doubles

#328, #318, #334, #333, #282, #283, #313, #312, #311, #352, #304, #301, # 322, #330, #302.
    Last edited by DarthBrandon; 07-12-2002 at 06:07 PM.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!