Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Prowse back for 3

David Prowse has revealed that he wants to return as Darth Vader for Episode III! I really hope he does.
    Two decades after crossing light sabers with Luke Skywalker in the original movies, the 66-year-old actor has his sights firmly set on being fit enough to bid for the role in the sixth and final "Star Wars" movie.

But first the former weightlifting champion who gained screen immortality overnight in 1977 as the menacing, black-cloaked Vader, must undergo his fifth hip operation and get his hefty frame back in form.

"I would love to reprise the Darth Vader role," he told Reuters in an interview Tuesday. "If I am 100 percent physically able and they offer the part to someone else, I would be very disappointed."
    Click here.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Nah, he's way to old and not in the same shape he was back then. Besides, as much as he bad mouths the movies, keep him as far away as possible from the prequels.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

BAH!! I don't see it happening. Whomever plays Vader in EP III is going to have to be extremely mobile. Vader isn't going to be able to erase the Jedi by just slothing around. I just don't see Prowse, at 66 with a bad hip, being the "lively" Vader that the audience will likely be anticipating. Nice thought. . .but lets keep it at that.
    Star Wars : The Arcade Game (Atari 2600) World Champion

I support David Prowse returning!

I don't think he'll be able to handle the stunts, but neither does Ewan McGreggor handle everything.

Playing Vader is an honor. I think Hayden and Prowse should both get a few scenes at it.

Hayden can do the more stunt-orientated fighting stuff.

As far as height is concerned for either of them, digitally editing that will fix any problems.

As far as Prowse being wobbly on his knees, I remind you that Prowse played Vader when Luke confronted him on Endor. "Come with me." "OBI-WAN ONCE THOUGHT AS YOU DO." - you never needed to see his knees for that scene. He could have done that with a walker or a wheelchair and had his height adjusted. Though in ROTJ we know he didn't, in the interests of being nice to David Prowse for all he brought to us as fans, let him play Vader again for the scenes he can handle if that is what he wants to do.

David Prowse never bad-mouthed Star Wars as far as I can tell. What he was had been angry over several scenes: he wanted to be Anakin when his face was revealed and was never told about the scene, or who would play him. Sebastian Shaw was not 6'7" by the way. We don't even have "proof" that Shaw could walk. Didn't need to be able to. Next Prowse was made because James Earl Jones redid all his lines since the get-go in ANH. He was never told about that. (fortunately for all of us, I'm sure even David admits that Jones has the best voice in show business for that sort of thing. CNN and Verizon Wireless agree.) Finally, Prowse wanted to play Vader in the prequels and was as surprised as many of us were when Jake Lloyd was announced to play Anakin in Episode One. While David was mad that he didn't even get an audition for the role, I'm sure he changed his mind when he realized that no one would believe he was a 9 year old!

All this has nothing to do with any ill-feelings for Star Wars or Prowse being proud to be a part of it.

We all wanted Kenny back in R2D2 even though R2 was mostly CGI this time (for flying and stairs). But Kenny is a traditional part of Star Wars.

So is David Prowse!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

A Smaller, Very Unkown Planet in the Uncharted System of Oregon
    Prowse is good, or at least his physical acting was good. Why put a 66 year old man in the suit when Hayden is a good enough fit. Granted, with an agent in one ear probably telling him not to get in the suit and to let a stunt double do it, and the fans of the world in the other ear telling him to get in, Hayden will probably go with the weasily agent...

I think that Prowse being back is a cool thing for the sanctity of the OT, however, I do have to agree that his age and his mobility are probably too limited. I want to see Darth Vader really move in the battle scenes, not somebody else with a poorly CG'd face on the body (i.e. Christopher Lee in the duel with Anakin in AOTC). Give the kid a chance!
    [FONT=Century Gothic]"what happens in Indy, stays in Indy..."
    -tycho [/FONT]

WHAT ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT, I THOUGHT PROWSE DIED A FEW YEARS AGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

My bad, I could have sworn that he was dead. Curse them early morning radio DJs!!!!!!!!!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

LOL! That was the funniest thing I've read so far this morning!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I thought it was cool to know that it was Prowse that was the old writer's muscular body guard in CLockwork Orange. I found that out today searching for the confirmation that he was still alive. WOW my day just got brighter. All these years I believed he had passed on.
    MWHAHAHAHA!

In case you are wondering I wasn't thinking of Guiness being dead in place of Prowse, I was thinking they were both dead, MAN THIS IS A HAPPY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PROWSE IS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!
    ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would look forward to him returning as Vader!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MWHAHAHAHA!