Question Whose side is Organa on?

OK, I've seen the movie twice now and have just finished reading the book, and one of my biggest questions is - whose side is Bail Organa on? From my own observations, he appears to be on the side of those pushing for the Republic Army. I thought that Organa and Alderaan where on the side of peace?

Any thoughts out there?
    "I'm getting too old for this kind of thing"

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Organa is on the Loyalist comittee which is a group of senators that strongly support Chancellor Palpatine and are keen on keeping the Republic whole. He only agrees to the army after Obi Wan confims the Geonosians are building a droid army for the separatists...
    He even has a mini argument with Senator Ask Aak of Malastare "Unfortunately, the debate is NOT over."
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Padme is on the Loyalist committee and is the strongest opponent to the Military Creation Act, Bail Organa agrees with her but is more wishy-washy about it. http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/bailorgana/
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Bail Organa was basically forced into agreement for the Republic army. He loved the Republic and didn't want to see it destroyed by the potential tens of thousands of planets that separated, which were about to attack with an enormous combined droid army. Peace through war was pretty much the only option left for Bail once news came of how many organizations and planets had ceceded.

I think Bail only realised that there shouldn't be an army when he sees it at the end of AOTC. If you watch, you see him bow his head in disgrace when overseeing the Clone Army.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Organa's definitely a pacifist, but also a realist. He's conflicted between not wanting a war but keeping the Republic together through strength.

I wonder what happens in EP3 to keep him and Alderaan from out and out rejecting the Emperor and going into war himself.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Why the creation of Empire over republic of course. The trampling of whole civillisations in the throes of war. The clamping down on freedom to move around without being restricted by military checkpoints and the confines and restrictions placed on the galaxy by Palpatine who has been given absolute power by the senate. They have no choice but to back whatever Palpatine says in the name of the republic or face the destruction of all known civillisation by warring factions. It amounts to much the same thing with palpatine in power but the peoples who populate the senate don't know that or are in the palm of Palpatine's hand already. By the time that Organa realises that the clone armies are in the employ of a megolomaniac xenophobic despot he is too late. His dreams of galactic peace are shattered and he is forced to move against Palpatine along with others who have seen what lies ahead if Palpatine seizes complete control. They form an alliance of opposition in secret while still keeping up the pretense of normalcy in senate affairs. But they are forced to use whatever resources they can muster to fight back at the Imperial approach of the new order of terror and oppresion.
    Bail and his associates amass a small armada of ships with which to strike in surprise lightning fast attacks, to cause harm to the greater powers and impede the progress of the new empire Palpatine seeks to build. The alliance will become known as a breakaway rebel faction, The rebel alliance. It will be suspected in time that Organa is a rebel sympathiser and then that he and his 'daughter' Leia are rebel leaders and activists from within the very heart of the senate and Empire. This will lead to a personal vendetta on Palpatine's part against those who seek to undermine his seat of ultimate power and authority which is why Alderaan is targeted by Grand Moff Tarkin as the first target of the weapon of ultimate destruction - the death star. And possibly we will see Organa under house arrest on his planet. kept there and under the watch of the regional Moffs. Away from the rest of the senators he seeks to collude with and organise the rebellion. Palpatine may order Organa there or Organa may flee when he learns of Palpatines intent, abandoning politics in the grand scale and dealing with other rebel sympathisers direct or through his ambassador - Leia.

Okay so I'm hypothesising, but it sounds pretty much like it'll happen.