Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbird View Post
    I did pick up a Princess Leia in bag full of toys for $1.
    Nothing beats scoring an old figure at the thrift.

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid View Post
    Hey?!!! That was funny!
    I agree, but... let's not go there.

No, seriously, it was made of wood with a center table and cushions on the side. The bottom side of the insert where the cushions sat had this weird felty/frizzy material to it. And somehow the gaffi stick got snagged up in it.

In elementary school, I brought my Walrusman to school and lost him near the sandbox, so somebody probably found him there.

My next door neighbor lost my Luke X-Wing Pilot, so his mom bought me a replacement (would that happen these days?). About a year later we dug him up from his sandbox (what is it with these things? ).

When working at a hotel, I found a POTF2 Boba Fett rifle on the floor. I kept it all for myself.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Last year I found a MOTU Ram-man underneath the storage shed of the property we bought a couple of years ago. There was also most of a battle-damaged Skeletor, but he was missing a limb or two, as I recall.

Cool stories. Keep 'em coming.

I found a green-limbed leg for what i think was a Silverhawks figure about a month ago in my front hard under a bush.

I also got a vintage yoda with coat & belt (nice figure) for 50 cents at a flea market a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    Nothing beats scoring an old figure at the thrift.

I agree, but... let's not go there.

Ok, but this clip is clean!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0FholWREZA

Now my post doesn't make sense (and yes, some'll say there's nothing new about that sad little circumstance).
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I didn't get it either Reason, I must have missed out on the posting...

I think it's best to consider the odd places where toys have been found rather than "misplaced" posts that have been removed.

Not really an "odd" place, but I bought a loose Ree-Yees with a black rifle, before I knew about repros and before I found out that the Droids Uncle Gundy figure had the same mold in a different color.

For a dollar, I bought a person's sheet that he was using to display items at a garage sale... because it was the old SW pattern.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    I didn't get it either Reason, I must have missed out on the posting...

Stillakid's post was about finding SW figures where a certain Mr. Gere may or may not have found a small rodent....
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008